vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MaineTrek - TAT

Default MaineTrek - TAT

Today, TAT leaves on his Maine Trek. He is paddling the MITA trails to help raise money for National Brain Tumor Foundation. This is the site that you can follow him at http://mainetrek.com. Best of luck to him and I hope to see him on the trail.

Thanks for the news - and yes, our very best to our friend!

Tat

Please be safe and have a wonderful adventure.
    You are one brave person!!!!

Take lots of pictures of your trip that you can share with us when you get back.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

What a great thing to be doing this summer. Hope he has some great weather and returns with some great stories and photos and most of all raises awareness and funds for the NBTF. Good luck my friend!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I made it York today. And, to a cool new phone, I better internet than when I lived in house. I'll get some pics posted as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks to all for supporting the NBTF, that's what it's about.

Best wishes from Cheryl and I...you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.Hope to talk to you soon. Stay safe.

Default We are behind you 100% Tat!

There was a nice write up in the Bangor Daily News this weekend about Tat's trek. Here is some more information in case anyone was looking for it.

Kayaking the islands
    By Jeff Strout
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 - Bangor Daily News

Kittery resident Tom Tieman is a man on a mission: to fight brain cancer.
    Beginning today at Kittery he intends to paddle the Maine Island trail some 350 miles to Machiasport to honor the legacy of his sister-in-law and to inspire his co-worker’s continued fight against brain cancer.
    It is his hope the journey will raise awareness and $10,000 in donations in support of the National Brain Tumor Foundation. In the United States, every day 500 adults and children are diagnosed with brain tumors, according to the foundation.
    To learn more about NBTF, contact them at 800-934-CURE (2873) or www.braintumor.org. And to learn more about Tieman visit www.MaineTrek.com, or to make a donation to help him meet his goal, visit his personal online page at www.firstgiving.com/MaineTrek.

Have made a donation - this is a challenge - come on GCM folks - let's step up.

Thanks for sharing the link CM!

Sure would be nice to catch up to Tom in Stonington this summer. We will be watching his journey,

I'm in!
    Saw the BDN writeup. It was short, but nice to read.

If you could donate other then a credit card I would jump on the band wagon and donate.
    Blazing Troll