vb:literal>

Thread: RE: It's log entries like this that give me enjoyment in placing these caches

Default RE: It's log entries like this that give me enjoyment in placing these caches

I read this log entry the other day for my Win or Lose Cache . . . it really made my day as I laughed and laughed at poor Upsalquitch's predicament.

--

June 29 by <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" name=28857494>Upsalquitch (379 found)
    TFTC - Took Nothing, Left Our Signature Item. I thought about this cache after driving home and smiled and called it The Good and Bad Cache. Why? Farmer has mowed and hayed the field. Good, I don't have to walk down his standing gress. Farmer has recently dressed his field. Bad, Sal jumps out of the truck, runs into the field, drops and rolls at least six times. Hot sun has dried up the dressing soup to a crusty coating. Good, I won't get it all over my shoes. 9:00 PM as I type this before falling asleep. Good. Smell emanating up from dog sleeping at my feet. Bad. Dog sleeps on poarch tonight. Good. Bath tomorrow. Good. Throw shoes away. Good. Check field first next time. Good. UPSALQUITCH Took extra care with camo on cache. Good.

--

And here's an entry I made of my own . . . it was funny when it happened and it's still funny although it could have turned out bad for me . . . fortunately I have the fine honed athletic abilities of a three-toed sloth.

June 30 by <A style="TEXT-DECORATION: underline" name=28998974>firefighterjake
    Almost ended up in the hospital on this one . . . or at the very least in the opening of ABC's World Wide of Sports (some folks my age and older remember the skier in the "agony of defeat" no doubt.)

First things first, once again, great history lesson. I love these types of caches.
    Second, to future cachers, be careful . . . or at least don't be as klutzy as me. When going to this cache I ended up on an old concrete slab . . . slid backwards downhill about 10 feet. This would have been impressive if I had finished it up with a half gainer, twist or backwards somersault, but alas I am not that good and as it was I just kind of flailed my arms around a lot while yelling, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" while my brother laughed at me . . . bet if I fell backwards and impaled myself on a rock or smashed my head in he wouldn't be laughing though -- more than likely he would still be looking for a ride back home. HaHa.
    T: Nothing
    L: My signature item (silver ladder #221), carabiner, frisbee, and the TB Whiskey Truck (which I meant to, but forgot to place at the Segrams Plant Cache.)
    Thanks again for the cache and for the unexpected thrill ride.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Cool to each his own

See you don't need to be jealous of Hiram's adventures ...you have your own we can all laugh at too!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    See you don't need to be jealous of Hiram's adventures ...you have your own we can all laugh at too!
    Not jealously . . . fear . . . fear that the two of us geocaching together may cause some great calamanity rivaling the last great ice age or Apocalypse.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Oops . . . double post.