OK.....so, my kids can geocache....they know what they're doing. I have a general idea and even found a cool map of the Mt. Desert Island area with what I presume are caches shown. Here's my question: Don't I need some sort of coordinates for the gps thingy? I know how DUMB I must sound, but I am sort of counting on my kids (who have done this at school in Enrichment classes) to know what to do if I can supply them with some coordinates. Also, I need to know what the "protocol" is about leaving something in the cache. I know that food stuff isn't good (duh, even I am not that dumb!) but what about things like quarters from the state we live in or pencils or other durable stuff with the kids' school name? Is that OK?
We are going to be camping on Mt. Desert Island for 2 weeks - this is our 3rd trip to Mt. Desert in 4 years and we've just about exhausted the "touristy" stuff, so we wanted to do something different. We're really looking forward to our 2 weeks in Maine.......we LOVE IT THERE!
Thanks for any help anyone can give me......