vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Service

Default Garmin Service

It seems every time you hear about service from any company it is always about the bad service. Well today I decided to fix my Legend's gasket - It's had a rip in it and while gluing it together today I ripped it completely. I manged to fix it, but it doesn't look perfect and I had a minute so I called Garmin to see if I could get one or if I'd have to send it back for $$$ like the old days. I got through pretty quick and when the guy asked me what model I had, I remembered I also had to glue the buttons on my 'Ol Yeller because I had worn them off. So, I told him I had two that needed fixing, he took my name and address and said they would be on their way soon, as well as adhesive to glue the new ones back on with. Doesn't get much better than that, eh?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It seems every time you hear about service from any company it is always about the bad service. Well today I decided to fix my Legend's gasket - It's had a rip in it and while gluing it together today I ripped it completely. I manged to fix it, but it doesn't look perfect and I had a minute so I called Garmin to see if I could get one or if I'd have to send it back for $$$ like the old days. I got through pretty quick and when the guy asked me what model I had, I remembered I also had to glue the buttons on my 'Ol Yeller because I had worn them off. So, I told him I had two that needed fixing, he took my name and address and said they would be on their way soon, as well as adhesive to glue the new ones back on with. Doesn't get much better than that, eh?
    nice! i'll have to give em a try too, the cover for the USB on my 76 is gone and is currently covered by a piece of 200mph tape... (the really fast duct tape)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And it didn't cost anything? I emailed them quite some time ago about my rubber coming off my Vista and they said they have a repair fee of $125.00. Guess I should have called instead. I have heard nothing but positive comments all across the board on Garmin's customer service and I guess it's all true.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up They have been great to me..

When my 60 CS was acting strange ( or so I thought) I called tech support. After a few calls they gave me an RMA number to send it in. They told me it would be repaired at no charge. A week and a half later I received a brand new replacement second day UPS. How can you beat that!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    nice! i'll have to give em a try too, the cover for the USB on my 76 is gone and is currently covered by a piece of 200mph tape... (the really fast duct tape)
    Isn't that the one you got from Beans a few months ago? What do you do with it
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    Isn't that the one you got from Beans a few months ago? What do you do with it

Yeah, it's the one I got dirt cheap from their clearance sale

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    What do you do with it
    Well, I usually use it for geocaching, I take the coordinates off of geocaching.com for a container that's hidden somewhere in the woods, and I use the GPS to locate the container....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Yeah, it's the one I got dirt cheap from their clearance sale

Well, I usually use it for geocaching, I take the coordinates off of geocaching.com for a container that's hidden somewhere in the woods, and I use the GPS to locate the container....
    So it is true, a gps will actually help you find these containers? I need to take mine back - last weekend it was clearly not working well!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Sheesh! All I'm finding lately are guard rails and stop signs! LOL!

Default Update

Received my gaskets and adhesive today, that was quick!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Received my gaskets and adhesive today, that was quick!
    Sheesh, Dave! I'd have expected YOU to use duct tape! LOL!