vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Event in Eustis

Default 2008 Event in Eustis

I'm planning to have an event in Eustis late summer-early fall next year, 2008. So this is just a first request for opinions. TeamRichards has already volunteered to help and there are a couple of new cachers in this area and hopefully, more starting soon. So..... I'm willing to rent the Community Building for a day. We could have a potluck (and other indoor events in case of rain). I could also rent a group campsite across from Cathedral Pines Campground, or a two unit site in the campground. I know lots of single unit sites out in the woods, for free. August might be warmer, although we've already had one frost! Late September would bring some foliage. And weather permitting, there are ATV trails for many miles, the lake for kayaying and swimming (hey, I swam once on November 1st and I'm OLD). Mountains to climb, caches to find. So when and what? Opinions please. Helpful hints on what to do, especially for children, would be welcome. Who and how many would come??
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default we would come....

I think camping woud be the last consideration for time of year. Those of us who camp out regularly, ( sounds odd that I am saying that ) stop laughing KK! We would camp out no matter what time of year. The Fall foliage and cooler temps for hiking would be better for us. A Saturday would also we welcomed since we have to travel from So.Maine. But yes....we would come to the event. WOOHOO!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

We're in...inlaws live in Stratton so we won't need accomodations.
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

For those who don't camp, we also have four motels in town, a diner and two restaurants. Not quite the 100 mile wilderness like firefighterjake thought.

"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    For those who don't camp, we also have four motels in town, a diner and two restaurants. Not quite the 100 mile wilderness like firefighterjake thought.

Don't plan anything around me . . . I don't do events as a rule . . . but I can vouch that Eustis was a great place to cache and would more than likely be a great place to camp or to hold an event.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Those of us who camp out regularly, ( sounds odd that I am saying that ) stop laughing KK! We would camp out no matter what time of year.
    I'm not laughing! I'm proud of you.... I think I have a winter camping convert on my hands. Yahoo!

Depending on the date this might work for me.

Those who tent or camp should pitch in and help you with camping fees - don't feel you have to pay for this all alone. TAT's upon coming event is $3 per tent for Warren Island at the State Park group site.

Since I don't have young kids caching (that do any more than ride in the sling), I will leave those ideas to others. Pot luck is always good. Do you have a turkey frier? That would be fun and yummie.

Thanks for your efforts on this one.

how bout a winter campout up there?!?!?! Maybe FFJ would come if he could sled to the event... I would definitly be in for a campout even up there no matter what time of the year.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Cathedral Pines Campground closes October 1st, so I think late September would be best. It would be on a Saturday, probably September 27, 2008. And no, Hollora, I don't have a turkey frier. For those who want to stay all winter, bring a snowplow and I can show you lots of good, free places to camp!

Thumbs up I would come

I'll put that date in my calender. If you have it I will show up. And hopefully bring some others along too.Thanks Jean
    Happy Trails!