vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apres 2007 Last Cache Bashe of the Summer Event - GC148YD

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Is this replacing Brads event? The reason I am asking is because it is the same date.
    Hey Rick, it's a two-fer deal! Start out in Hampden at Brad's event and when that one is finishing up, move on over to Hollora's in Orrington...

I expect that Hollora will get a bunch of cachers Saturday morning to drop their gear and set up, then everyone will hit the road to come to Hampden.

Is this replacing Brads event? The reason I am asking is because it is the same date.
    Absolutely not! It is in addition too - sort of like the paddle after the pig roast.

When we were at GW5 there was that event and then that night another event. That is how we came up with the idea.

It gives folks an opportunity if they want to come up for the weekend, camp over, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Hey Rick, it's a two-fer deal! Start out in Hampden at Brad's event and when that one is finishing up, move on over to Hollora's in Orrington...

I expect that Hollora will get a bunch of cachers Saturday morning to drop their gear and set up, then everyone will hit the road to come to Hampden.
    The other option is if folks want to come and set up Friday and stay over Friday night. That is ok with me. It just won't be a "formal" event Friday night. I also do not have extra frig space so this would be true camping as far as food, etc.

If folks are coming Friday, I would like a count.

Do you have any tress near where the tents will be set up? If I can make it I want to bring my hammock to sleep in.
    Blazing Troll

Do you have any tress near where the tents will be set up? If I can make it I want to bring my hammock to sleep in.
    Rick - I have trees all around but I am not sure if they would meet your specs - let me know what you need - distance apart, size, etc. and I will go look. You can also plug the event coords into google earth and see our house. Our line is close on the right as you look to the road but we go all the way to the state highway fence towards the Main Road. There is a brook on the rear of our property.

Let me know the specs and I will email you some photos of potential areas. I know my son bgrffdave would be interested in tha hammock. He is planning on coming I believe. Very cool!

Folks - please note - there has been a slight name change here to better reflect that this event is after Brad's. Hope Rick might change it on the front page of our web site.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Rick - I have trees all around but I am not sure if they would meet your specs - let me know what you need - distance apart, size, etc. and I will go look. You can also plug the event coords into google earth and see our house. Our line is close on the right as you look to the road but we go all the way to the state highway fence towards the Main Road. There is a brook on the rear of our property.

Let me know the specs and I will email you some photos of potential areas. I know my son bgrffdave would be interested in tha hammock. He is planning on coming I believe. Very cool!
    First the trees have to be able to hold a hammock with me in it. Second the ideal width for the hammock I am going to bring is to have the trees 14 to 15 feet apart. If Donna comes I will bring a tent most likely but we may bring two hammocks. She usually likes to bring a tent if it is car camping which is what I call this.

I can sleep in a tent if I have to, it is not a big deal, but if there is possibilities to hang a hammock I would rather do that.

I just looked on Google Earth and I see plenty of trees. I will just bring my hammock and a tent if I can come and we'll go from there.
    Blazing Troll

First the trees have to be able to hold a hammock with me in it. Second the ideal width for the hammock I am going to bring is to have the trees 14 to 15 feet apart. If Donna comes I will bring a tent most likely but we may bring two hammocks. She usually likes to bring a tent if it is car camping which is what I call this.

I can sleep in a tent if I have to, it is not a big deal, but if there is possibilities to hang a hammock I would rather do that.

I just looked on Google Earth and I see plenty of trees. I will just bring my hammock and a tent if I can come and we'll go from there.
    Yup, we have plenty of trees - we just haven't done a lot of raking and stuff under them - sort of left it o'natural. But we can. I will look and try to find a couple for you. There may be some down by the brook behind the house and more towards the Main Road too.

Glad to hear you folks are coming. We will look forward to it and it will be fun.

Bummer. I guess the whole weekend is out for us, too many other commitments that I just can't get out of.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Yup, we have plenty of trees - we just haven't done a lot of raking and stuff under them - sort of left it o'natural. But we can. I will look and try to find a couple for you. There may be some down by the brook behind the house and more towards the Main Road too.

Glad to hear you folks are coming. We will look forward to it and it will be fun.
    Don't go out of your way raking. I don't want to be to far away from the tenting crowd. Like I said if I come I will bring a tent also.
    Blazing Troll