vb:literal>

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for a Rant: Travel Bug Goals

[quote=kayaking loon;35291]That must have been Katadin Goddess' Milwaukee Brewers micro, at one of my favorite places. . . .quote]

From the description that's what I figured as well . . . I definitely liked the drive out and the view . . . while it was a quick cache to find it was not like many of the themed caches that all seem to be hidden in guardrails.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    That must have been Katadin Goddess' Milwaukee Brewers micro, at one of my favorite places. Not necessarily on one of my favorite roads though . Last spring I did find bear tracks on the way out and also bobcat tracks. No wolves though. Lots of coyotes. The bear hangs around our neighborhood some and the bobcat appeared once. I've got some caches planned for some really back roads.... stay tuned. Are you coming to next years Eustis event, late September???
    Yup - that was the cache. I wondered what the road was originally for. Definitely not just a tote road. Thought perhaps it might have been a small-gauge railroad bed.

And yes, I usually attend Maine geocaching events! LOL!

Default TB Adventures

My Moose TB that wanted to go to Alaska, did. Or at least it got to Juneau. Then it went to Whitehorse in the Yukon and was supposed to go from there to Fairbanks. Today I learned it's in the Netherlands! However, it wanted to travel so that's OK. I just wonder what geocachers there will think when they open a cache and pull out a rather large (8") moose, dressed in a fur trimmed parka and snowshoes with the word Alaska on its shirt.

And on another note, I have a cystic fibrosis coin I picked up last week, a rather beautiful coin. Any geocacher have CF, or a friend or relative who does and would like to see this coin?? If not, I'll just drop it anywhere.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    My Moose TB that wanted to go to Alaska, did. Or at least it got to Juneau. Then it went to Whitehorse in the Yukon and was supposed to go from there to Fairbanks. Today I learned it's in the Netherlands! However, it wanted to travel so that's OK.
    I went to an event yesterday and there were a couple of cachers from Germany there - collecting TB's to take back with them! We released Maine Chickadee Plate TB #3, and hopefully it will be as lucky as some of our other TB's that have gone to Europe. (They do seem to better over there... )

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I went to an event yesterday and there were a couple of cachers from Germany there - collecting TB's to take back with them! We released Maine Chickadee Plate TB #3, and hopefully it will be as lucky as some of our other TB's that have gone to Europe. (They do seem to better over there... )
    Bruce - hope someone put a blessing on it for you. Did the coin ever appear. There weren't as many folks at Brad's event as last year (I don't think) so the options are limited. I took down the number but knew I would get Brad's hand me downs! So I didn't pick any up.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Bruce - hope someone put a blessing on it for you. Did the coin ever appear. There weren't as many folks at Brad's event as last year (I don't think) so the options are limited. I took down the number but knew I would get Brad's hand me downs! So I didn't pick any up.
    No our Civil War coin is still among the missing. But I note that there are only 2 coins remaining on the Last Cache Bashe site. I guess there's still hope.

I noticed someone took one of your coins out of a cache I had been watching. They posted the coin had number.......I did email them to contact you if they couldn't find the number.

Default An Interesting TB Story

On Sep 17, I attended an event at which there were a couple of German cachers who volunteered to take TB's to Europe. I offered our Maine Chickadee Plate #3, to one of the the German cachers, TravelingViking. Today, after his return to Germany, he logged it out of the event and remarked that he had one of the Maine Chickadee plates before. So I checked. Sure enough, in Nov 2003 he had picked up our Maine Chickadee Plate #1 from the Fort Williams cache, included it in a great photographic collage at the airport, and later dropped it in Germany. That TB is now in China, and the current holder knows TravelingViking!

Small world, or what??

Default Missing TB's

We are rather new at this and have been surprised at how many caches have TB's listed but when we get there they are gone and no log entry to show that anyone took them. We have come across at least 4 like this in the last 2 days. We just hid our first cache with A Cache A Day geocoin in it.......we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will make it some ditance before disappearing, which, after reading these posts, we blieve is its ultimate fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Team U.S.Eh? View Post
    We are rather new at this and have been surprised at how many caches have TB's listed but when we get there they are gone and no log entry to show that anyone took them. We have come across at least 4 like this in the last 2 days. We just hid our first cache with A Cache A Day geocoin in it.......we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will make it some ditance before disappearing, which, after reading these posts, we blieve is its ultimate fate.

Don't lose hope, some TBs mysteriously comeback after being MIA for sometime, others have gone on for a very very long time, like "Cameoooo's lost wallet" was the first TB/coin I found (about 2 years ago) and I just crossed paths with that same TB at a cache event a few weeks ago! Yes there are quite a few sad and disheartening stories (like most of my tb's...) but there are just as many great stories too.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.