vb:literal>

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Time for a Rant: Travel Bug Goals

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Wow 30 events and you still need critiquing

And I've only attended ONE and I've got I've that situation figured out!!!!!!
    No, I certainly don't NEED criticism. But criticizing is someone anyone can do whether the criticism is based on ignorance or not. Some people will ALWAYS complain. Sheesh, you won't have to attend the WWWWWW event next year because I expect it will be the same!

(And I'll bet that after finding 7 geocaches, you know all about geocaching, too! LOL!)

Maybe we could get back on the thread topic instead of cutting people down in public. It makes you look bad, not the other person.

Default Join us for a chat

Hey, join us for a chat one night, Opalsns. You'll find that we are quite a helpful bunch. I messed up my first hidden cache and a bunch of strangers helped me straighten it out (correct coordinates help). I now regard them as close friends.

I'm not going to get sucked into an argument on this thread. I did read how this started, WhereRWe responded to your comment (or complaint) about how you went to your first caching event and didn't know what to do. I have run an event and know that it can be quite hectic. You can't rely on the event coordinator to run you through the experience.
    Caching is usually a solitary (or with a family member) activity. The only time we usually see fellow cachers is at the events, and try to be social to everyone, but it is a two way street. If nobody comes up to you, make the first step, you will be surprised with the diversity of interesting people you meet. And if you don't know what to do, ask, you will get a variety of answers, most of them helpful

Opalsns, if you want in on chat, Mondays at 8 are a general chat, Wednesday at 8 started out as a more introductory chat, but I think it's pretty general too now.

Default Thread Warning

This thread has strayed from the original topic. The topic does have merit, however, personal attacks and flaming from anyone will not be tolerated.

Please refer to the Forum Guidelines for more information.

There are different people on here that may not get along with someone else and I have my favorites and my not so favorites, but it seems that your rudeness is outpacing WhereRWe?. You might want to tone it down a little. You're pushing the envelope.

I think the moderator has already made that point.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

For some reason my post didn't go out at the time I sent it and another whole page of comments were listed. At the time, the moderator hadn't said anything. So, I'm sorry for adding the comment.

Default A Learning Experience

Hey Opalsns...it's your buddy EMSDanel. Today is the first time I have read this thread and a couple of pages ago I thought "Oh my, I'll need to jump in and referee this thing." But I see it has turned out OK. You'll notice that Bruce stopped responding awhile back....I'm betting that it's because it was getting nasty and each reply begat another. Soooo, you decided you would not "stoop to his level" and apologized...always a good tactic. Cooler heads always prevail. My advice to "newbies" (and I have not been doing this very long myself) is that you are going to meet all kinds of people looking for caches, some you like and some you don't. They all have different personalities and ways they play the game. Some cachers have a very high "find" number and have never taken the time to place a cache (a whole different topic). Others never take from or leave things in caches. You may be surprised to hear that some people just enjoy finding caches and never even log them...they just do it for the enjoyment of being outdoors. But even the ones I'm not all that fond of are out geocaching...so they can't be all that bad. And the bad ones who go to the trouble of hosting geo events, well, they must have some socially redeeming value, and I'm appreciative (thanks, Bruce, and to all other event planners). Was he rude to you? Perhaps. Is he a self-professed curmudgeon? Absolutely. But if you were stuck in the mud on some back road seeking a cache, and he happened along looking for the same cache, I'll bet he'd pull you out. Because he's a geocacher and that's what we do. You might even strike up a friendly conversation! Now...Your comments about introducing newbies at events is a great one, thanks for that! I'll bet you'll see that start to happen at events. Keep caching, keep going to events....the answers to your questions will come and you'll meet some terrific people. I picked up your Speed Racer TB at the WWWWWW4 event and have already placed it at a brand-new cache. I hope you enjoy following its travels and whenever you pick up TB's at caches you find be sure to log them out into your possession and log them down into the cache that you bring them to. Carefully doing that (and lamenting when others don't) is what this thread has been all about. It seems like we all have had differing degrees of luck with this, but I still find it fun. Cache on.....!