vb:literal>

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Time for a Rant: Travel Bug Goals

EMSDANEL,
    Thank You for your comment and words of encouragement and posting them. You truly are a healer in many ways and I appreciate this.
    I am new ,only heard about it on Thanksgiving of 2007 and I don't have a vehicle right now so I've only been able to do the caches closer to home and only have 7 finds so far. With summer coming I will be able to get out more. That is why I placed my cache where it is. I like doing caches with TBs in them because I like to watch their travel and have released several TBs as you know. Thanx to you and Tat and Kacky and Holoora ,My Brother and others,they are all In Transit. I'm sure I'll be disappointed if they should come up missing but I won't be the first or last. And I have rescued trapped TBs and Left them in my easy to get cache just to keep them moving. I know how important it is to cachers , like me, who have spent the money to get TBs and Cool hitchhikers and send them on missions. I love finding caches and had found several with my brother before I became a member, But Instead of cheating and just logging them I want to go back after the snow redicover them, SL, and then take credit for them. Again , Thank YOu and I will Cache on ...
    Opalsns

He not roooood

He curmudgeon

We stwoke him and pet him and wove him to bits

Trust me Opal, if you take these people more seriously than they take themselves, you will miss out on years of friendship and great stories. I know from whence I speak.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Hey Opalsns, we have never met but I happened to attend an event a couple of hours away from where I live this past weekend. It was put on by the USCGA,Upstate South Carolina Geocachers Association. When we got to the venue,it was a BBQ place and I walked in expecting to have a name tag ready for me so I could place one on me and then look for others there but this was not to be. I'm not generally very open but in this case I had to be because I didn't really know a soul except a few cachers who went from the area that I cache in. Well to make a long story short after we all had our fill of some good southern BBQ ,the host of the event took the floor and introduced himself and gave a short speech. From there he went around the whole room and asked each and everyone who they were and to introduce ourselves to everyone.It was a good way to do it I thought. Of course I had to introduce myself as the Yankee from Maine and that brought on a lot of laughter. Anyway I met some very nice folks and I gave a way a new Maine coin at the event as well. I say new but it is Old now "2007" lol. I can tell you from experience that you will not meet a better bunch of people than geocachers,take my word for it. Or not!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

That was a good Idea to have people introduce themselves. All they have to say is their geocaching name and people already know them!!LOL!
    Caching people are great as a matter of fact I've recieved Lots of emails welcoming me and inviting me to go caching and Even supporting me through these past couple of miserable days. I understand why they didn't post their views and It's OK.
    As I had said before , We were called over by people who saw our names and walked around and introduced ourselves and discovered SO MANY coins and TBs. It was cool to see TBs that I read about in caching. Lots of people came over to our table as well. It was GREAT to meet people, But we were very so nervous at first and When WE3BEANS called us over to the table to say hi, the ice broke and thats when we started getting to meet everone.
    Thank You Haffy for your encouragement,
    And thank you Kacky, I saw the coin, then knew the name and story!!! and Thanx for the Pathtags, I'll wear them with pride. Having a son myself, we can understand each others struggles! WE have to talk sometime!!
    opalsns
    Thank You All for your SUPPORT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    This is a Public Appology to Bruce aka Whererwe2.

Bruce , I want to appologize to you for the posts in the forum. Although I felt personally attacked by you, I should have respected your opinion even if you did't respect mine. I will not reply to any posts that I feel are attacking me again. I also will not go to your events or any that I am not welcomed at. I also appologize to your wife for insuting you and to ALL your friends for insulting you.
    You don't have to accept this appology, but it has been offered.
    Good-Bye
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    But we were very so nervous at first and When WE3BEANS called us over to the table to say hi, the ice broke and thats when we started getting to meet everone!!
    High fives all around to the We3Beans....this is not the first time they have welcomed new people and made them feel comfortable at an event. Mrs Bean definately has a knack for it. And Jonah is so cute that you just can't help to talk to that little guy. Oh, and John, you are cute toooooooo!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fsquire View Post

I have/had a TB," Gordon the BOXCAR-HOBO"
    TB1CY12 that was last seen in the hands of one of Geocaching Maine's members..."Cachesclays". Here is his log as to his find...Notice the date of pickup. 9/30/2007 cachesclays retrieved it from Brady Bunch #8 - Cindy Maine [visit log]
    Found this with Cindy and will be moving it along in a bit I hope to help Gordon out a bit. Cachesclays.
    > I don't know if there is anything anyone can do to help retrieve it.
    > I have e-mailed him several times and received no responses. He used to sign on with AIM as "anmato" , but after I questioned him via Instant Message, he no longer signs on.
    > We don't know what goes on in another's personal life...but if another member knows him personally...maybe something "new" can come to light and maybe a solution can be found.
    > Please feel free to e-mail me with any news or constructive comments you may have.
    > Seeking other possible solutions...,
    > fsquire the Boxcar-Hobo

Gordon the Boxcar-Hobo is back in action...!

Post left by cachesclays at Andy River Park & Grab ( GC12RYE )
    April 5 by cachesclays (22 found)

Finally back at it. It's been a long winter. It took a bit of work but we managed. Took the multicolored pin and left Gordon. TFTC. Cachesclays and Tony.

I left a note saying "TY" at Andy River Park & Grab.

And a note here for all those that, assisted and offered to assist, in finding Gordon.
    Thank You All!

Like I said" You never know what is going on in someone else's personal life...so have faith and keep at it...you've got nothing to lose!"
    I didn't really say all that...but that's how I feel now.
    Last edited by fsquire; 04-05-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: update