vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Havoc 2007 "Pirate Plunder”

Default Halloween Havoc 2007 "Pirate Plunder”

Here’s the update on the event that I brought up in another thread here. I thought I would start a new thread since it is getting closer and I need to start working out the details so I can post it soon if it is going to fall into place.

We are still in the planning stages for this event. If we are going to have it then it will be on one of these two weekends in October, 6/7 or 13/14.

We are going to make it a Halloween event. Similar to the Halloween event we had in 2005 called, Halloween Havoc 2005 "The Beginning".

Goal #1. To make the event interactive for everyone. This means that we are going to encourage everyone to wear some type of costume. It is not required but we will highly encourage it. You do not have to wear the costume for the whole day during the event. We are only going to request that you wear it for about one hour during the day for the costume judging because there will be prizes for the best costume and other things to that effect.

Even though this is a Halloween event we are thinking of making it a themed event. Something to the effect of, Halloween Havoc 2007 "Pirate Plunder”.

Goal #2. Try to encourage people to spend the night. The event will only get better when it gets dark. We are hoping to have two wood walks after it gets dark. The first walk will be about an hour or so after it gets dark. The second one will be somewhere around 11 or midnight (the witching hour), when our woods starts bring out the goblins and weirdo’s.

Goal #3. Have some type of events for the kids during the day the keep them busy and occupied and happy. To answer the questions before anyone ask. No we are not going to set up the slip-n-slide in October. We can use help with this so if anyone wants to help please let me k now.

This we are working out right now and need to fine tune before we commit to this.

What weekend will be best for everyone? I need to get that decided first because I will be taking the previous week off to get things set up for this event. In that respect if anyone wants to help set up the event during the week prior to the event date please let me know. I want to set up a good night woods walk.

We need to work out what we are going to have for food for this event. It would be nice to have another pig roast but two in one year would be overdoing it. We could have a pot luck but that always seems to be a pain organizing it. We are trying to find some type of food we can cook and not have to stand in front of the grill all day. The pig was nice because once you put it on to cook you don’t have to worry about it until it is done. We do not want to be standing in front of the grill cooking all day. So if anyone has any ideas please let us know.

We will have a campfire that night provided it is not to windy.

Any other ideas or suggestions are more them welcome. We want to make this a fun and welcoming event for all.
    Blazing Troll

Unhappy Wish I could make it

Like last time you held a Halloween event I was at the time share. Same this year. The 20th I would be there come rain or shine or snow. And yes I know, everyone can't make every event. Sadly....
    Happy Trails!

Default Oh man...

I'm kinda bummed that you picked a name with a pirate theme. We are planning on making the Maine Pirate Quest an annual event and I hope people won't be confused. How about something to continue with your "The Beginning," theme that you used in 2005?

Yeah how bout "The Beginning Part Deux" or Part Trez
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Yeah how bout "The Beginning Part Deux" or Part Trez
    SHEESH! Just got back from 12 days in French-speaking Quebec, so my linguistic sensitivities are heightened. It's TROIS, Haffy!

I must have gotten my french mixed up with my spanish...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I'm kinda bummed that you picked a name with a pirate theme. We are planning on making the Maine Pirate Quest an annual event and I hope people won't be confused. How about something to continue with your "The Beginning," theme that you used in 2005?
    I will see what I can do Cameo. I have already started bying pirate stuff. I will hold off on any more stuff and see what I can come up with.
    Blazing Troll

The idea was not to have people dress in pirate attire. I guess I should not make it a themed event. The way I was looking at it was wrong by calling it a themed event. We will not post it as a themed event now. We are trying to come up with a new name now. I am leaning towards the name, Halloween Havoc 2007 "Captured”.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    The idea was not to have people dress in pirate attire. I guess I should not make it a themed event. The way I was looking at it was wrong by calling it a themed event. We will not post it as a themed event now. We are trying to come up with a new name now. I am leaning towards the name, Halloween Havoc 2007 "Captured”.
    It could be "Buccaneers" or "Brigands" or some other swashbuckeling non-pirate name. "Captured" is good, too.

The first weekend is better here, my sister and her kids are coming up for that weekend and it would give us something to do. The 13th and 14th will be a mass casualty incident training here in Bowdoinham and our team needs to be involved with that. Costumes, day or weekend long and pot luck sound great. What about other large meats to throw on a grill like turkeys or hams.
    Slowly but surely