vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Writer to Discuss Geocaching at the Bangor Public Library

Hybrid View

Default Mystery Writer to Discuss Geocaching at the Bangor Public Library

My wife just spotted this in the Maine Edge ( a free rag distributed up here in the Bangor area).

This is an excerpt from the article which can be found at

http://www.themaineedge.com/content/...Briefs_071807/
    Mystery writer Hayden to visit Bangor Library

BANGOR – "Mystery writer L.C. Hayden will visit the Bangor Public Library".......................................... ...........Hayden will also introduce attendees to geocaching, the contemporary form of treasure hunting, which is the subject of her latest book set right here in Maine.

Visit the link for the Maine Edge to get the rest of the details(including the date).

Anyone read this book yet? This is the first I have heard of this book and a quick search of the forum didn't reveal anyone else talking about it.

Sounds like a must attend event...

Default Thursday, August 2, 2 pm, BPL

Excellent post, thanks so much for this Macmo!

Here is a link to the book on Amazon. (Only 4 copies left, I checked online at Borders and it's a special order, did not check Mr. Paperback) I'm going to buy a copy so if anybody in this area would like to borrow when I'm done, just let me know.

Hard to tell what kind of spin this puts on geocaching....time will tell.
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 07-19-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post

Here is a link to the book on Amazon. (Only 4 copies left, I checked online at Borders and it's a special order, did not check Mr. Paperback) I'm going to buy a copy so if anybody in this area would like to borrow when I'm done, just let me know.

A little sidenote: The book publisher is located right here in the good ol' State of Maine. The publisher is Thorndike Press, a subsidiary of Gale Publishing, and is located on Kennedy Memorial Drive in Waterville -- although they don't publish books there.

While I never worked in the Waterville office I did work as a typesetter for a number of years when they were located in Unity (the big gray building near the old Beverage Mill in case you're wondering Hiram) . . .

I owe a lot to that company. It gave me back some of my self-esteem after failing miserably at my first job after graduation (working as a reporter for the Commercial Fisheries News in Stonington), I was able to sell some of my photos for book covers (no big name authors however) and most importantly of all I met my future wife there . . . even though my first impression of her was that she looked quite PO-ed at the time.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I'm going to buy a copy so if anybody in this area would like to borrow when I'm done, just let me know.
    Please put me in line! Also, let me know if you want a library jacket cover put on the paper cover - can get this done for you. Let me know if I should also recommend that book to our library for purchase.

Well you will actually have to thank my wife. I like Maniac was only looking at the pictures and missed the article.

Actually I look forward to perusing the Maine Edge on a weekly basis. Last week I ground through "the Best Coffee in Bangor" and this week pored over the Beer Article, "What Ales You?" and then digested the article, "Where to Find the Best Wrap in Bangor," after which I went today on their advice and had a yummy turkey brie wrap at Montes....

Quote Originally Posted by Macmo View Post
    Actually I look forward to perusing the Maine Edge on a weekly basis. Last week I ground through "the Best Coffee in Bangor" and this week pored over the Beer Article, "What Ales You?"
    Hmmm... Beer!

Hey - Hiram! Check this link!

10-4 on the book cover! Woo hoo!

It will be here tomorrow...gotta love Amazon!

Default Put me on the list after LA

I'm not a big reader, but I will make an exception for this. (Unless you tell me it sucks)
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I'm not a big reader, but I will make an exception for this. (Unless you tell me it sucks)
    You can always just look at the pictures.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

10-4 on the book cover! Woo hoo!

It will be here tomorrow...gotta love Amazon!
    Knowing you - it was free shipping too! They are available on half.com but cost more.