vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mystery Writer to Discuss Geocaching at the Bangor Public Library

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I'll bring mine - maybe she will let us post a photo of her signing your book!
    And be sure to invite her to do some local geocaching afterwards!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That L.C. is a great lady....we had a blast. A small group gathered today to hear her speak at the Bangor Public Library. She told us all about her books and many geocaching stories. There were several people in the room that had never heard of it. After the talk, we traded sig items with her and she signed some books. It was well worth going to meet her. She has a big book signing tomorrow in Waterville, at Five Star Publishing, a party to celebrate her book nomination. Hollora has the pictures.

Thumbs up L.C. Hayden & The Maine Rose Cache

This great lady started her talk about her book, Why Casey Had to Die, with a basic explanation of Geocaching. She is a very animated speaker and uses props. When she announced there were 500+ caches in the Bangor area, she held up some printed cache pages. You can image the surprised look Cache Maine and I had as we saw a Maine Rose Cache page. We looked at each other as she continued her talk and explained a lot about her writing. One thing she explained is how she familiarizes herself such as learning to Geocache with her husband.

As CM mentioned, they are on to the Waterville area for an event tomorrow. We enjoyed spending some time with her after her talk. Got our books signed and did some photos (sorry they are so blurry). We made a promise to keep in touch via email.

Don't know if CM got it but I totally forgot to get her caching ID - duhh!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This great lady started her talk about her book, Why Casey Had to Die, with a basic explanation of Geocaching. She is a very animated speaker and uses props. When she announced there were 500+ caches in the Bangor area, she held up some printed cache pages. You can image the surprised look Cache Maine and I had as we saw a Maine Rose Cache page. We looked at each other as she continued her talk and explained a lot about her writing. One thing she explained is how she familiarizes herself such as learning to Geocache with her husband.

As CM mentioned, they are on to the Waterville area for an event tomorrow. We enjoyed spending some time with her after her talk. Got our books signed and did some photos (sorry they are so blurry). We made a promise to keep in touch via email.

Don't know if CM got it but I totally forgot to get her caching ID - duhh!
    I'm sure we will be in touch, so we can ask her. I hope they get some in Maine while they are here.....they seemed to love the state. (They are here from El Paso, Texas)
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 08-03-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Trying to link some photos - hope this works.

Linking a couple more.
    Last edited by attroll; 01-13-2008 at 08:32 PM.