vb:literal>

Thread: Welcome Gecko

Default Welcome Gecko

We have a new member I believe - Welcome! Things have been quiet around here for the last few days but there is much to be learned in the threads.

Hope you enjoy - glad to see you here!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    We have a new member I believe - Welcome!
    Actually, lately we've been having 2-3 new members PER DAY! LOL!

As an Advisory Board member, I send a welcome message to each new member, but it's nice to have the "general public" welcome new members as well.

Keep it up!

I usually also email any new name that I see has found any of my caches or should I say my adopted caches now..lol. I think I have introduced over 50 or so members to this forum since it's inception and hope that others do the same as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I usually also email any new name that I see has found any of my caches or should I say my adopted caches now..lol. I think I have introduced over 50 or so members to this forum since it's inception and hope that others do the same as well.
    Which reminds me of something else...

Whenever possible, I ask members to "talk up" geocachingmaine.org. If you meet a cacher on the trail, make sure they're aware of us. If you leave a sig item, link it to geocachingmaine.org, if possible. (The Maine Geocacher Permit that RULOST2? and I leave says "Visit us at geocachingmaine.org").

I've given up on welcoming new members -- every time I do we never hear from them. Like Haffy whenever I see a new, local visiting my cache (or one of my watched caches) I try to drop them a quick line inviting them to check us out here and I offer to answer any questions that they might have . . . since I know I had plenty of questions when I first started and this site was pretty useful.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I've given up on welcoming new members -- every time I do we never hear from them.
    Um... Yeah.... Well, welcome to the club! LOL!

As I said, I welcome 2-3 people a day, and hear back from VERY few of them!

This is our first post to the forum but as "newbies" both to geocaching in general and GeocachingMaine in particular, I can say we were AMAZED to get a greeting from 2 members when we signed on. This tells us this is an great group to be a part of. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome and you'll even get welcomes from SC as well..... If there is anything geocaching related you need help with just ask ,as we have quite the group of members here from all walks of life and they can probably come up with an answer of some sort.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

The little decal I got for my car at the Pig Roast is nice. Anyone sitting behind me in traffic has to look at it! LOL

Some folks join for curiosity, some to just be here - and cause they can - others will visit often - and some witll contribute. I hope we continue to have a welcoming attitude and welcome all. Whether it be Bruce or just a few of us as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by BudandMarsha View Post
    This is our first post to the forum but as "newbies" both to geocaching in general and GeocachingMaine in particular, I can say we were AMAZED to get a greeting from 2 members when we signed on. This tells us this is an great group to be a part of. Thanks for the welcome.
    Welcome folks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."