vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folks Posting

Smile Folks Posting

Wow - Usually there are loads of posts daily. I know it's summer and loads are out in the field but what's happening. No discussions here?

Everyone has seemed to go into hibernation.........tis' not the season.

Come on - let's generate some reasons to visit.

Today, I went to find 2 new caches - great fun. 1 FTF and 1 2nd TF.....yeah, they were close but what to heck. I have most of them anyway. Thanks to those who placed them. A good day!

A cache a day, hopefully, will keep the doctor Away!

Too busy working deals at the local KMart....okay, that did not sound right. LOL Nevermind.

OK I was in Portland for my grandsons 5th birthday on Sunday. Drove up on Sat. Grabbed a fer caches on Sun. and spent from 11 to 5 on Crescent beach. Must have been a thousand people there with the great weather, Wanted to get Crescent beach micro but never got away from the crowd. Left around 5 pm to head back to NY. It was a great weekend.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    OK I was in Portland for my grandsons 5th birthday on Sunday. Drove up on Sat. Grabbed a fer caches on Sun. and spent from 11 to 5 on Crescent beach. Must have been a thousand people there with the great weather, Wanted to get Crescent beach micro but never got away from the crowd. Left around 5 pm to head back to NY. It was a great weekend.
    Crescent Beach - oh, that was a Westbrook (Jr.) College favorite and there is a micro there - gotta get it some time..........Glad you had a good visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Too busy working deals at the local KMart....okay, that did not sound right. LOL Nevermind.
    Ah . . . that was a loaded statement . . . so many ways to take this . . . must be good . . . must resist the urge to make witty comment and embarass CM . . . must sign off now before the urge overtakes my sense of responsibility and good taste.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We've had a busy summer and kids have been gone quite a bit. They've been to Ct for a week, off to their cousin's in North Berwick for a week, a day at the beach, summer school for the youngest, camp Living Waters in Danforth, a family reunion and a 5oth Anniversary for my mother and father-in-law. Don't know yet what August will bring. We are planning on a week in Vt. Lots of driving and the husband has been working 70 hr+ weeks. Not much time for geocaching lately and there are a few new ones in the area calling to me.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    . . . We are planning on a week in Vt. . . .
    My wife and I are thinking about going to Vermont this Fall for a vacation -- we tend to go when the kids are back in school so it's less crowded for us. Where are you guys going/seeing?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    My wife and I are thinking about going to Vermont this Fall for a vacation -- we tend to go when the kids are back in school so it's less crowded for us. Where are you guys going/seeing?
    My huisband and I were thinking the same thing for Fall. We have never vacationed there. Where is a good place to go....any good small family campgrounds?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdozer12 View Post
    My huisband and I were thinking the same thing for Fall. We have never vacationed there. Where is a good place to go....any good small family campgrounds?
    I know there's at least one person here who might give us some ideas of places to go and places to see . . . if she makes an appearance here at some point. . . .

A few years back Heidi and I went and saw Calvin Coolidge's hometown -- as a history buff I really liked the area and I have to say seeing his very simple headstone in the nearby cemetery was a real thrill since it is a very plain stone other than a US flag and Presidential seal on it -- someone who seemed to be a very real person without an ego.

We also did the Vermont Teddy Bear factory tour (OK) and the Ben and Jerry Tour at the end of which the guide said if anyone could ask a question to which they did not know the answer they would give them a free ice cream bar. They fielded question after question until my wife asked how much money Ben or Jerry made in the previous year . . . the guide didn't say a word except to hand her the ice cream bar.

Default It just must be the year..

Kathie and I are also going to Vt for vacation this fall. We swapped our Conway timeshare for a week at Smugglers Notch this year. We go on Columbus week. I am looking forward to it since Vt has some awesome countryside. And some great caches too.
    Happy Trails!