vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folks Posting

Thanks for some of the tips.....time to start googling! LOL! Ben and Jerry's YUM! I will have to remember that question to ask to get a free ice cream!

We would like to go to Vermont... I haven't been there in years and I remember it to be beautiful! Plus we haven't yet vacationed there and I would love to do some caching there. We are looking to maybe do some camping, sight seeing and caching! Any hints would be GREAT!

I hope we aren't hijacking this thread....but I think the reason for the thread was to get people to start posting! SO I guess this works! LOL!

Yes it has been a busy summer here also. We haven't been able to do any caches. We did do two in Unity when we were there. The skeeters were so bad at one of them that we gave up. We had friends from FL visiting and we were introducing them to caching. The 12 year old stepped on a snake and that was the end for her. The rest of us just laughed. I don't know how many times I had to tell her that Maine snakes are nothing like Florida ones. Didn't work, she felt sick to her stomach and we all gave up. Once Fall gets here and the bugs go into hiding then hopefully we will be out there once agian. Surely do miss those woods and trails.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    My wife and I are thinking about going to Vermont this Fall for a vacation -- we tend to go when the kids are back in school so it's less crowded for us. Where are you guys going/seeing?
    We'll be staying in Jamaica a few miles from the base of Stratton mountain, I've been going there since I was a kid. A friend from CT owns a house there that they rent out now. I of course don't have to pay for it except for the maid. She keeps the hot tub clean I think. We'll be bringing the kids the fist half of the week and then heading back at the end of the week with another couple on motorcycles.
    Slowly but surely

Looks like Vermont is the place to go this year, eh? I'm pretty sure that's where we're going this year after deciding to not go on a big vacation out West this Fall (due to gas prices/airline fares) or visiting New Brunswick (I'm holding out for a better exchange rate . . . although it looks like it may be awhile before that happens.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    Yes it has been a busy summer here also. We haven't been able to do any caches. We did do two in Unity when we were there. The skeeters were so bad at one of them that we gave up. We had friends from FL visiting and we were introducing them to caching. The 12 year old stepped on a snake and that was the end for her. The rest of us just laughed. I don't know how many times I had to tell her that Maine snakes are nothing like Florida ones. Didn't work, she felt sick to her stomach and we all gave up. Once Fall gets here and the bugs go into hiding then hopefully we will be out there once agian. Surely do miss those woods and trails.
    Sorry about that . . . if I knew exactly when you were coming I would have had my wife go outside . . . she works better than those propane mosquito magnets -- they go right to her and away from everyone else.

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to do more caches . . . as you mentioned there's always Fall.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Vermont Camping

We spent a few days at Maidstone State Park in Vermont in early July. Not much caching in the area but we did manage to find a few. The campground has no water or elec so it takes some planning. The campground was really neat - a lot of sites have lean-tos that come in handy if it rains (great place for card & board games). There are also a lot of waterfront sites. We brought our kayak and tried some fishing (no luck there though).
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

We've gone to Northern Vermont spring/summer/fall and use the state park campground up near Cabot . . . always clean and quiet.

I can't wait to actually geocache again. I've been studying for some large tests after finishing teaching summer school and will be free after testing taking tomorrow until the 20th of August. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    We've gone to Northern Vermont spring/summer/fall and use the state park campground up near Cabot . . . always clean and quiet.
    And the Cabot cheese factory is a very interesting tour! LOL!

There is also the Vermont Teddy Bear Company over in Burlington that does a tour. Lots of caching over that way . . . too bad we weren't caching our last couple trips over (too limited on time).

Cool Vermont it is!

Hiram and I may end up in Vermont too! We're thinking Labor Day weekend, but we haven't firm it up yet. We'll be staying in the Northeast Kingdom where a friend of mine's family owns a camp. Happy vacations everyone!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods