vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our FIRST EVER FIND!!

Talking Our FIRST EVER FIND!!

So, we're here on MDI and yesterday as we were driving down Route 198, we passed Indian Point Rd. and I said "Hey, there's a cache near here!" Thanks to parmachenee we found "The path less traveled" cache!!! We were SOOOOOOOOO excited when we got to the spot and it became a "who could find it first?" hunt! What a great time ......... I don't know if I can get to geocaching.com to post that we found it but it is definitely a MILESTONE for us newbies!! Thanks again to everyone that helped me get us going!

All true learning is experience. Everything else is just information.
    Albert Einstein

Congrats MaineWannaBe... It wasn't long ago (just over a year) that we found our first find and now we have found over 300.... did everyone warn you how addictive this sport can be?!?! Best Wishes and Happy Caching.
    Becka Francis Family

Sounds like someone is a bit excited . . . but then again I remember well how I felt when I first found my first cache -- there's nothing like it.

Incidentally, if that's the cache that I think it is . . . it was a great one to do with nice views.

Have fun while you're up.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Oh yes, the excitment of that First Find and then the addiction. I just pay for the gas rather than Curves or a Sports Club Membership! It is a much more rewarding relationship with my inner self.

Congrats on your find. That is one I have not done yet but want to do. Enjoy your visit and do not hesitate to ask for help.

We also have found the Snipe Hunt cache........it IS addictive, but the HHH weather here on MDI has been a bit prohibitive for caching ..... just hanging out enjoying the ocean breezes ....... We ARE getting addicted a bit I think
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MaineWannaBe View Post
    but the HHH weather here on MDI has been a bit prohibitive for caching .....
    You ought to be down here in SC if you think it is hot there....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh my, there are so many others to do and still enjoy the breezes - The Ovens (2 = and Earthcache and a regular by Parmachenee)...just hit a spot to get wifi or internet and do a search for Bar Harbor - there are loads. All made to enjoy the Ocean Breezes. One on top of the Cadiallic mountain, one near Jordan Pond House (She Dearly Loved this Spot), and several other are virtuals. There is Stop and Smell the Flowers, Algerine Coast (which takes you to the quiet side of the Island) - along with Fishboy (which is nearby).

So many and not bad hikes to accellerate sweating in the humidity. Enjoy Maine while you are here - we all enjoy hearing of your journey!
    Last edited by hollora; 07-26-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: spellings

We did Fishboy today ........and for all the times we've been to MDI, we'd never been THERE! We have a list of carriage roads and other walks that we want to do as well. I've got the coords for a few others along the way. Youngest son turns 10 tomorrow, so we HAVE to do Mini-golf at Pirate's Cove (if it's not pouring) and we HAVE to get ICE CREAM at CJ's too! Also, our 20th Anniversary next Wed, so we HAVE to eat at Poor Boy's that day. Finally, we MUST get tea and popovers at Jordan Pond House too, so we're going to incorporate the carriage roads with that trip. LOVING IT HERE (as we always do) and hubby is starting to look at the vacant land and homes for sale as we drive ... maybe I'll be a transplanted Mainer when I retire!!!
    Albert Einstein

LOVING IT HERE (as we always do) and hubby is starting to look at the vacant land and homes for sale as we drive ... maybe I'll be a transplanted Mainer when I retire!!!
    Sheesh! Have you looked at the asking price for any of those properties yet?

LOL!

We did Fishboy today ........and for all the times we've been to MDI, we'd never been THERE! We have a list of carriage roads and other walks that we want to do as well. I've got the coords for a few others along the way. Youngest son turns 10 tomorrow, so we HAVE to do Mini-golf at Pirate's Cove (if it's not pouring) and we HAVE to get ICE CREAM at CJ's too! Also, our 20th Anniversary next Wed, so we HAVE to eat at Poor Boy's that day. Finally, we MUST get tea and popovers at Jordan Pond House too, so we're going to incorporate the carriage roads with that trip. LOVING IT HERE (as we always do) and hubby is starting to look at the vacant land and homes for sale as we drive ... maybe I'll be a transplanted Mainer when I retire!!!
    Jordan Pond - don't miss She Dearly Loved this Spot - a virtual! Great view, nice walk and the day we went we saw a Hooded mersinger bird in the pond.

Azala Gardens (Asticou Inn) has a regular cache and is very nice along with Thula Gardens too (right up the street or mountain trail).

Glad you are enjoying your visit!