vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our FIRST EVER FIND!!

And if to go to Geddys, if one of us is controlling the WEBCAM perhaps we can see you.

Wave if you get there.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Default Free Wifi

Bar Harbor has free wifi at the Village Green and at Agamont Park (across from Geddys Pub). That came in very handy for us a month ago.
    Last edited by pjpreb; 07-30-2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Proper name Caps
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I think Hiram's done some caches down there on the island . . . but not recently.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Talking

I just wanted to update everyone that has been so helpful and wonderful and turned me into an "addict". We have 6 finds on MDI and nearby and as our vacation winds down, I have found caching to be a wonderful addition to our 'usual' MDI vacations. We have seen parts of the island that we would never have seen or stopped for, and have enjoyed the "hunt" each and every time! MANY, MANY thanks to everyone who has made this vacation even more memorable for my family.
    Oh......we have free wifi here at the KOA and I'll keep my eye out for the webcam at Geddy's, we're going to be spending most of the day in Bar Harbor today!
    I know I'm not an official Mainer and won't be back for about a year,(we leave on Saturday morning) but I plan to keep visiting this site with my questions. I have never had such wonderful friendly answers to my questions! Again......THANK YOU.......I could have never done it without the message boards here!!!
    All true learning is experience. Everything else is just information.
    Albert Einstein

And even some of us from SC are helpful as well.... This is my 2nd home..
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Yep, Haffy, even folks from SC are helpful too!! Didn't mean to leave you out!
    Sorry! It's our last day here, so we're thinking we may do the Shore Path micro in Bar Harbor as a final cache. Did the Bass Harbor light virtual last night near sunset. I'm pretty dang proud of us (being absolute novices when we got here). Oh, by the way, hubby must not have minded it all too much, his letter to Santa is going to include a GPSr!!
    Oh, and we did pick up a real estate booklet and went at some of the prices, but there are also some reasonable parcels and homes nearby if you don't demand a waterfront view, but I would definitely invest in a 1 acre mosquito repeller!!
    Thanks again EVERYONE (no matter where your residence is, I know your heart is in Maine!!)
    All true learning is experience. Everything else is just information.
    Albert Einstein