vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caches in the Eustis Area

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I have been told you have it - they will come.
    But... what do you DO for an "event"??? Or rather, what would I have to do??

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    But... what do you DO for an "event"??? Or rather, what would I have to do??
    Really you do not have to do anything. Just post it and say something to the effect that it is to help educated geocachers and get them together. You can have it in a park, campground, or at your house. You can make it a pot luck or do what ever you want. If your going to do one though I would recommend to check to make sure it does not interfere with any other events going on in Maine at the same time.
    Blazing Troll

I'm excited that there are new caches in the area for me to find on my next visit. The caches that I've found already have been great. Don't give up quality for quantity. As far as micros, some really like them so keep an open mind. This is coming from a former micro-hater who has found that they can be a lot of fun. You've really got to be creative to make them fun, though. Remember "quality" is the key word. No hide a key containers on sign posts please!!!!! Can't wait to see what's new!

You might want to think about coming to the Calais area. There are a few new caches! How do I know? I just had the pleasure of placing them. That was fun! I do have one more & I checked out the area today. This one will have to wait until closer to fall. The red ants were TERRIBLE! No matter which way you can go to get to this very cool area you'd get chewed up. I'd hate for anyone to go through that pain. You should see the new ones posted very soon, they're being reveiwed. These are kind of easy but in pretty location. This other one will be a 4 or 5 star. I also have another place in mind for a 5th cache. I'll keep an eye out for a lock-n-lock container. So keep an eye out for more!

Talking A great place to visit

I too have found a great place to visit and some of the most beautiful scenery and caches. But I am not willing to post where it is. Then you would all want to come here and I would not have the place all to myself.

The weather has been beautiful and the caching is .....well suffice to say. You really don't mind the DNF's. The Team will be headed up north this Fall, and hope to grab all of the great finds along the way.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mipster View Post
    You might want to think about coming to the Calais area. There are a few new caches! How do I know? I just had the pleasure of placing them.
    Sheesh! We'll be heading through there tomorrow, but the PQ's are already downloaded, the maps printed, and the GPSr and PDA loaded as well! LOL!

Maybe we'll try and catch them on the way back!

[quote=mipster;34450I'll keep an eye out for a lock-n-lock container.[/quote]

Every once and a while Marden's has them. Also, Walmart but they are a tad expensive. In Belfast, you have to check out Ocean State Job Lots in the shopping center behind McDonald's - great ones (knock offs) but they stand up and the price is right.

Happy caching!

Default Firefighterjake and Eustis

Three cheers for Firefighterjake. He said he'd come to Eustis to cache "someday" and yesterday was the day. Hope you had fun, Jake! I'll have more caches out by next year!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Well I took your advise and spent the whole day in the area. I'd have to say after spending 4 1/2 hours just doing 'A view of the lake' that I don't think I ever want to see Stratton again!! Coming back down the trail, I couldn't believe we actually came up it. Also, the drive in to 'Milwaukee Brewers' was a little rough on the paint of our pickup. Thank God that we didn't meet someone coming the other way. There is NO place to turn off the road. Did see a moose in a bog though. Loved the driftwood at the end. Almost camped there for the night but didn't want to get in trouble. Nice area to visit though.

Well, you picked the hardest cache in the area to start with (A View of the Lake), and the one with the roughest road in (Milwaukee Brewers). And you skipped lots of easier ones. There are 4 around Chain of Ponds, just north of where you were, and 3 south. But aren't you proud that you got the toughest ones???? Next time, you just have easy ones to do!

And you can camp out at Milwaukee Brewers, I just wouldn't start any fires.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows