vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Largest TB ever, I think

Thumbs down Largest TB ever, I think

Anyody interested in helping?

A couple of weeks ago I had to leave ME and go to TX quickly do to a death in the imediate family. I made it from Benton to Augusta were my car's engine head blew. I got a rental in August and turned it in here in OH, my home state, prior to driving to TX and back. (almost 5,300 miles driven in six days)

This all means that my car, now fixed, is in ME and I am in OH. I was woundering if I attached a key to a travel bug, would cachers be intereed in driving the car towards OH, securing the vehicle, and dropping the TB with key in a near by and hopefully very well used cache. Of course, anyone who picks up the TB would need to get the location of the vehicle so there would be some way of knowing who had possetion of the vehicle. OR Coordination would need to be made with another cacher willing to help out. Any cacher who put fuel in the vehicle would be reimbursed.

If I find enough interested cachers I might be willing to do this.

Oh, yeah, the car has a manual transmission, but I am told in ME most of you can handle that.

Let me know what you all think.

Pete
    Pete

Yesturday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift.

What kind of car is it?
    Blazing Troll

Chevy Cavalier, full of my camping gear. I still need to pay the mechanics though before they will release it.
    Pete

Yesturday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift.

I would love to go to Ohio but then the issue would be getting back home and timing this in with my vacation time.
    Blazing Troll

I'd have to say if this was to happen -- the car being a TB and being brought out to Ohio cacher by cacher that it would be a very, very cool thing -- not to mention a very nice thing to do to help out a fellow cacher.

Of course I know of at least two cachers here who hail from the state of Ohio and they have plenty of experience with broken down vehicles. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

If Tat wasn't on another mission, he would be the first to sign up for this....

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    If Tat wasn't on another mission, he would be the first to sign up for this....

Cue the heroic sounding music . . . This is a job for the Rescue Rangers!!!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We saw plenty of cars as TBs at GW5. If you do this, keep the TB attached - for the life of the car!

Hope someone can help and may be OH bound. I can think of lots of good reasons to go - The AirForce Museum, Longaberger factory and loads more plusof course caches.

This sounds like a really cool thing! If it does happen, keep us all posted here! I know I would be interested on watching the car's travels!

I wish I could help out!

I probably won't be going to Ohio again this summer (just got back on Sunday), but if I can help by driving or giving someone a ride back to their car, let me know.

Y'know, the car won't fit into very many caches, but the keys would...