vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on TAT

There are two events at the same time. I think both groups will enjoy each others company. And both group have a lot to offer.

Just how tough a paddle is it over there? And if too tough, what would someone charge to tow ours over ;-)
    We just did our first ocean kayak the other day, and it was a sissy trip.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Question can't get there from here!

I've penciled it in. But I might have to talk Hiram into it. I've ferried over to Islesboro and kayaked to Warren four years ago, but I had permission to cross private property back then. Is there a way to kayak from the main land that wouldn't be too rough? Hiram and I would have to find boats, too. Is there any other way to get there from here??
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I wish I could make this event but it is the same weekend as my hiker feed I am putting on in Monson.
    Blazing Troll

Wink There is a way

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I've penciled it in. But I might have to talk Hiram into it. I've ferried over to Islesboro and kayaked to Warren four years ago, but I had permission to cross private property back then. Is there a way to kayak from the main land that wouldn't be too rough? Hiram and I would have to find boats, too. Is there any other way to get there from here??
    Just charter a barge and put the Jeep on it. Have them moor if off shore so Hiram can have all his gizmos at his disposal. Simple..right!
    Happy Trails!

Just buy Hiram a snorkle upgrade and let him drive.

Or, you can use the ferry and let us shuttle you over. From Isleboro. It's easy, but please rsvp so I know to come pick you up.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Just how tough a paddle is it over there? And if too tough, what would someone charge to tow ours over ;-)
    We just did our first ocean kayak the other day, and it was a sissy trip.
    Last night, it was easy. Today, It's a bit windy and more of a challenge. If a tanker comes through, you'll be in for a ride. The crossing can be very bad and one year someone on a sit on top had to be rescued. If you do decide to make the crossing, be sure you know at least one self rescue technique and travel with a group. Leave early in the am to avoid wind.

Or, just take the ferry and let us shutle you over.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Just buy Hiram a snorkle upgrade and let him drive.

Or, you can use the ferry and let us shuttle you over. From Isleboro. It's easy, but please rsvp so I know to come pick you up.
    Ah, no . . . I remember this well from this past weekend . . . no snorkles for Hiram. It's "Car. Kayak and . . ." oh man, I always forget that last part. It wasn't a Magellan GPSr . . . or a life-long subscription to AAA . . . or a 52-inch plasma HDTV . . . ok, Misawala you'll have to help me out . . . what was it again . . . it wasn't a camera or bikes was it . . . geez, now it's bugging me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Last night, it was easy. Today, It's a bit windy and more of a challenge. If a tanker comes through, you'll be in for a ride. The crossing can be very bad and one year someone on a sit on top had to be rescued. If you do decide to make the crossing, be sure you know at least one self rescue technique and travel with a group. Leave early in the am to avoid wind.

Or, just take the ferry and let us shutle you over.
    What are the details on the shuttle plans?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    What are the details on the shuttle plans?
    RSVP, so we know you are comming.

Park your car at the Isleboro ferry terminal, It's free.

Take the ferry, it costs 3.75 round trip and leaves on the hour from Lincolnville.

We wiil meet you at the ferry and take you and your gear to the island.

On Sunday, we'll get you back to the ferry.