vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help with a boyscout event.

Man I know it! Heck get him drunk and just imagine what he can be capable of.......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Hmmm... Give Bruce a beer and he's agreeable, gotta file that trick away for future use
    Money works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Wow! Just tried Samuel Adams' Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Sheesh! What a rush!!!
    Didn't I just read something recently where Bruce didn't drink anything from Boston? Or was that Hiram? I'm so confused.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Wow! Just tried Samuel Adams' Hallertau Imperial Pilsner. Sheesh! What a rush!!!
    I don't think I would drink anything from MA... they probably get the water for it right outta the charles to make the stuff...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I don't think I would drink anything from MA... they probably get the water for it right outta the charles to make the stuff...
    Sheesh! I'll bet it's reprocessed sewer water. What do you think "The Big Dig" was all about! LOL!

Sheesh! I'll bet it's reprocessed sewer water. What do you think "The Big Dig" was all about! LOL!
    it all makes so much sense now!

Well getting back on topic - our offer to help out with the boyscout event had everything to do with wanting to help out a great bunch of kids with a very cool hobby and had nothing to do with promoting anyone's "site" I regret that work committments are going to prevent me from attending the boyscout event. IMHO the "site wars" had no place in this thread.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    IMHO the "site wars" had no place in this thread.
    I agree with ya 110% on that one (but the beer stuff is still ok right??? )

Default Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    But you can help this site if you can give any examples of where you thought you had to prove you had to fit in, or any other issues you have seen. Other members who feel the same way are encouraged to speak up as well. I do remember there was an issue with our chat, which we are sorry for. This site is what it is because of it's members, the more input and ideas we can have the stronger the site is and the more it benefits the site as well as the state of Geocaching in Maine.
    Ok since you asked I have an opinion on this. Not eveyone is able to attend all events and there is a lot of "inside jokes" on this site (ie: what the heck is a numbat). Also, not everyone is recognized on a milestone cache (our 500th went un-noticed) and not everyone's birthday is recognized. I enjoy these forums and have learned so much from "paying attention" but I can easily see where some people feel like they're on the outside looking in.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Ok since you asked I have an opinion on this. Not eveyone is able to attend all events and there is a lot of "inside jokes" on this site (ie: what the heck is a numbat). Also, not everyone is recognized on a milestone cache (our 500th went un-noticed) and not everyone's birthday is recognized. I enjoy these forums and have learned so much from "paying attention" but I can easily see where some people feel like they're on the outside looking in.
    These are all excellent examples.

I, for one, tend to watch and recognize those I cache with and know (milestones). It is with no intent to place anyone else higher than another.

And congrats on that 500 level. Very worthy of a pat on the back!

The numbat thread started after some of us all attended the same wedding. We were all seated at the same table and the tables had names of animals on them. I can't even remember what a numbat is except it lives in Austrailia. You should have jumped right in and asked but I know that is easy to now (and for me as I officiated at the wedding).

Thank you for speaking up and expressing your feelings. It is from being open and honest with one another we improve our community.