Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: The American Folk Festival

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,972

    Smile The American Folk Festival

    Once again Bangor is hosting The American Folk Festival. August 24,25, and 26th. I have been the past few years and look forward to this huge gathering of musicians from across the globe. Not only music, but crafts and of course food. I thought about making this an event, and meeting at Seadog's around 6PM on Saturday. But have chosen not to since I did not post it early enough.

    But....here is your invitation to come and join us for the ( what I believe is the last one in Bangor. Next few years it will be in Richmond Va.) I will be there on Saturday, hopefully around noontime and my first stop will be the beer tent at the Main stage. Hope to see you all there.

    Please post if you plan on attending so we can look for you. http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Sorry to burst your bubble Gary but the last year was 2 years ago and this is the last year in Richmond,VA. Bangor decided to continue with their own Festival and that is what they did 2 years ago....lol. Richmond in fact will be doing the same thing in "08" as Bangor did and will be hosting their own festival as well since they seem to be taking off so well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,972

    Default My Bad!

    I got the National and American Folk Festivals mixed up. Not enough coffee I guess. You're all still invited! Thanks Haffy for the correction.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer,ME
    Posts
    2,573

    Thumbs up Same ole', same ole' for me

    I have been at the folk festivals, both the National and the American in Bangor for the past 5 years. I am there at the kick off at 6 pm on Friday till they kick me out on Sunday afternoon. The diversity of artists always amazes me. I hope to catch up with some cachers as I have been doing for years. Come have some good music, good food, and good beer. Be sure to throw a few bucks in the buckets when the volunteer come by. It's only through the generosity of the festival goers and corporate sponsors that this will continue to be a free event. If your coming give one of us a call and we'll get together. PM me for a cell number if you are interested.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!


  5. #5
    d’76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I have been at the folk festivals, both the National and the American in Bangor for the past 5 years. I am there at the kick off at 6 pm on Friday till they kick me out on Sunday afternoon. The diversity of artists always amazes me. I hope to catch up with some cachers as I have been doing for years. Come have some good music, good food, and good beer. Be sure to throw a few bucks in the buckets when the volunteer come by. It's only through the generosity of the festival goers and corporate sponsors that this will continue to be a free event. If your coming give one of us a call and we'll get together. PM me for a cell number if you are interested.

    I to plan on spending the weekend there. To bad we hadnt placed some festival micros for the event

    Anyway, like Brad said. Pm me for a cell number.

    See yah there

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Love the Fesitval. Have enjoyed, at least part of it, every year. The first few years I sailed up the river with friends and stayed on their sail boat at a mooring. One year was so hot we even went swimming in the river.

    So is it 6P Saturday at Seadog? Still not to late to put out some micros if you really want them LOL!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Please post if you plan on attending so we can look for you. http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    .....
    So is it 6P Saturday at Seadog? Still not to late to put out some micros if you really want them LOL!
    I plan on going and am looking forward to hangin' out w/ fellow geocachers and meeting up at Sea Dogs in the evening for some dinner and brewskies...
    Been wanting to meet Dave1976 (Dave and Connie) and also Dave & Gail. (will you be going?)
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

    “Danse avec les Arbres”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    It's never too late,,,but micros? Come on let's use some imagination.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    It's never too late,,,but micros? Come on let's use some imagination.
    Just kidding! Plus, I seem to remember from some old caches near the waterfront the Harbor Master does not want any caches on the land or shore he is responsible to patrol. With the cruise ships coming in, caching on the Bangor waterfront is probably not a great idea.

    Seadog is a great idea!

  10. #10

    Default

    Can we bring the Maine EZ-up? And the flag? And the lobster necklaces? And the filter?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •