vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The American Folk Festival

Francis Family will be there... well 2 of us!!!! Anyone who's interested... Amara may have one of her coins or her tb with her for discovery if you ask
    Becka Francis Family

Count me in with Francis Family (1 + 1 + baby = 2 1/2). I will put the easy up in the car and we can decide on putting it up when we meet. Noon - railroad stage.

Bring your booklets to discover Amara's things - I don't even have them yet! See you all there.

Hi guys,

We plan on working in the morning on some IT stuff for the hotels but will head over as soon as we are done. We are going to try to be there for the sea dog thing too....so 2 for us.

Cache Maine (2)

If anyone is into letterboxing, there will be an event stamp "floating" around so bring your stuff. I'll pass on the clue to you AFTER I find it/them. LOL

7:30AM - Just got a call from Mainiac1957 - the news on reservations for SeaDog = he got laughed at when he called! They are taking NO reservations and doing First Come, First Served all weekend....
    .....so, the plan should be to all meet at the old cache location (the cannon by the bathhouse) at 6PM. We can go from there.

Brad said he will have his cell on all weekend. I think most of us will have our cells on - so we can give each other a ring to meet.

As for the Ez-E-Up, that, too, will also be problematic and prediction is we will have to take it down. Bring your chair and an umbrella. That will be a far better plan.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Post sorry

I have been on vacaction and not near a computer all the time. The plan all sounds good to me. The last time we got together at Seadogs. We waited for the big table in the corner. I will try to be there a few minutes early and stand in line to wait for a table. I will also have my cell on. I'll be bringing walkie talkies too. We can keep in touch over the entire fairgrounds with those. So if you have em bring one. We will figure out a channel when we get there.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    .....so, the plan should be to all meet at the old cache location (the cannon by the bathhouse) at 6PM. We can go from there. . .
    For those of you with GPSrs . . . and I'm suspecting some of you might have one kicking around. . . .

N 44° 47.762 W 068° 46.201</STRONG>
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    . . .
    As for the Ez-E-Up, that, too, will also be problematic and prediction is we will have to take it down. Bring your chair and an umbrella. That will be a far better plan.

Hope to see lots of you there.
    I was wondering how that would go over with other folks if the EZ-up blocked the view to the stage . . . to say nothing about the pain of putting it up, taking it down, putting it up, taking it down, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    The plan all sounds good to me. The last time we got together at Seadogs. We waited for the big table in the corner. I will try to be there a few minutes early and stand in line to wait for a table. I will also have my cell on. I'll be bringing walkie talkies too. We can keep in touch over the entire fairgrounds with those. So if you have em bring one. We will figure out a channel when we get there.
    The universal channel for the Geocaching Group is Channel 2 with an alternate of 12. Let's all try to be on 2 if you read this before leaving for the festival. I will bring mine.

Good Idea - Gary!

looks like medifawookie and I are gunna head up there soon... we're gunna try and leave the rainlike clouds down here, hopefully they won't follow us...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Post Well I just have to say....

The best part of the festival yesterday was getting together with everybody and hanging out. Good job on the table score Gary! I may be wrong, but I think there was 19 cachers at the festival that I can count. At least the ones I knew of. We did get a late shower, and it was a bit muggy earlier. For the most part the weather was OK. Lets hope the talent is a little better next year as it has been in the past. See most of you in 2 weeks at the Cache Bashe event.
    Happy Trails!