vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The American Folk Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    The best part of the festival yesterday was getting together with everybody and hanging out. Good job on the table score Gary! I may be wrong, but I think there was 19 cachers at the festival that I can count. At least the ones I knew of. We did get a late shower, and it was a bit muggy earlier. For the most part the weather was OK. Lets hope the talent is a little better next year as it has been in the past. See most of you in 2 weeks at the Cache Bashe event.

I agree, it was a good time to be had by all (and the beer wasn't that expensive either...) on our way home just north of newport I thought I lost a track bar because the jeep suddenly became near impossible to control, then i realized a car way in front of me havin the same problems (and they weren't driving a jeep...) but then stuff started blowin across the road, it was the wind tossin the jeep around, havin driven through wind like that since we lived in ohio with all the tornados... fun stufff

but all in all, it was a great time for our first folk festival experience, it was great to see all of ya, well see ya in a couple weeks!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Love the food, nice music and the company of good friends. The table at SeaDog just proves when a you stick your neck out your might score! I left before the storm started to blow in so I hope those that remained got out before the crowds. Glad to hear Hiram's jeep wasn't falling apart. Looking forward to seeing the gang again soon. Have a great day!

Kim and I timed it just right. On the way home it started getting really windy, we got out of the car and talked with the neighbors for a couple of minutes, then it started raining, hard! Can't imagine it was fun at the railroad stage when that happened.
    Great to see everyone, kinda like an impromptu event cache. On the way out we ran into a group of Kim's friends. Turns out that 2 of them are cachers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    then it started raining, hard! Can't imagine it was fun at the railroad stage when that happened...............everyone, kinda like an impromptu event cache.......................On the way out we ran into a group of Kim's friends. Turns out that 2 of them are cachers too.
    Well, good think I did not realize the Sea Dog event was on your birthday - there would have been some singing! But that's ok........I did call Brad to warn everyone about the storm as I had heard the havoc on the scanner when I got home. He said he was going to mobilize the crew.

Tell Kim to let her friends know about the events on the 8th - the more the merrier! It sure was fun - but no candles for you to blow out. Maybe next year!
    Last edited by hollora; 08-26-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Spelling - OMG I am awful........

The folk festival was a great time and it was fun to see everybody again. We certainly did have a good turnout of geocachers.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”