vb:literal>

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Default What am I doing wrong?

Ok.. a question for brdad…or anyone else who is computer savvy…..
    I have a question about burning CD’s. Last year I bought a stack of Memorex CD-R Disks and have only used them to burn CD’s from My I-Tunes collection. Its pretty simple using I-Tunes software…but I have never tried to burn any other type media or files onto these disks..
    Today I went to try and burn some photos onto these CD-R disks and am getting no where. I try and copy pics and paste them directly into the “D” drive and get a message that “D” is not accessible. Incorrect Function”

The disks are Memorex and say Music CD-R Recordable on them. Does that mean they can only be used to burn Music onto them? I thought you could burn all music and pictures on CD-R disks? Are there specific
    CD-R disks for music and specific CD-R disks for pics?

I’ve gone on line to try and get info but I am not seeing anything specific to Music CD-R’s If I have the right format CD-R in my drive can’t I just copy the file of pics and paste it directly into my “D” drive icon on my computer? Or is there a software on my computer that I need to use to burn files onto a CD?
    Do I have to format disks first? I used to know how to do this but haven’t practiced this in years and am braindead? What am I doing wrong?

As far as I know everything on my computer is working fine so it must be me…
    First of all am I using the wrong CD’s and 2nd, what is the proper procedure to burn files on a CD?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Well after perusing my computer I found software for burning CD’s (didn’t know I had it) It wasn't the CD..it was me.
    I’m such a ding dong sometimes

anyways….you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

And don't forget to thank all those who chimed in with some suggestions and help......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Sometimes you just have ask yourself that universal question...

What would brdad do?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sometimes you just have ask yourself that universal question...

What would brdad do?
    Read the instructions???

Nikki - read your inquiry - was going to respond - like, "check your programs screen for a burn a CD program" and then decided - "No, she'll do just what I would do = keep looking".........great going girl. Discovery on our own to achieve our goals is a great boost!

Looking forward to meeting up at the Folk Festival! Have a super week!