vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: out of state cachers with in state hides

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun View Post
    ....use of a respectful and helpful tone works much better than bluntly telling someone that their baby is ugly.
    Do people actually do that? Now THAT is just wrong!

I am one of those people who has a cache out of state.... I adopted a cache in NH this spring that had been neglected. Although I live in VT, I work in NH and spend a good portion of my waking hours in NH (its like a 2nd home to me)so I wrote to the cache owner and asked if I could adopt his cache. He had gotten out of geocaching and was happy to allow me to adopt the cache. Its a beautiful hike and I hated to see it archived. I turned it into a log only cache and used a waterproof Otterbox type container so its virtually maintenace free. I have no problem hiking up there to maintain it if I have to.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    ......If it was my world to rule, I would more likely only allow paying members place caches and only allow a maximum of 10 or 15 caches per account - maybe 20.
    Now that is not such a bad idea...
    I think often times when a cacher places too many caches, it becomes a burden for them to maintain them all...which leads to neglected caches.

Putting a few rules in place would help control the number of "new geocachers" (nothing against newbies ) that start out finding 3 caches decide to place 5 and then are never seen again.

Although I know not everyone wants to be a paying member on GC.com it definitely has its benefits. If you are at all serious about getting into geocaching and plan to stick to it,the $30 membership is worth its every cent. The pocket queries alone are worth it.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”