vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gulf Hagas hike

Arrow Gulf Hagas hike

I am going to be hiking Gulf Hagas this coming weekend. The group I am going with has a campsite reserved at the Hermatage. I think for both Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone would like to come and hike only that would be fine too. You will have to pay the gate fee at KI which is 5 or 6 dollars per person. If you have never been then it is truly worth the trip. There is not a huge elevation gain, but we are planning on about 10 miles on Saturday. 5 miles up and 5 back. This is so a few Boy Scouts can count it towards there merit badges in hiking. Post here or PM if you have any interest. Also there is a great cache to do up there. "Gorge"ous
    by Dave 1976. The weather is looking very nice for now. Let me know.
    Happy Trails!

Man I wish I was there Brad to do the hike with you. It was probably one of my most favorite hikes and the company I was with wasn't too bad either... Just make sure to hang on to your GPS real tight....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've been wanting to do this one for a long time, but next weekend won't work for me...

lemme know if ya don't go and end up rescheduling
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up Hiram is ALIVE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I've been wanting to do this one for a long time, but next weekend won't work for me...

Most likely won't be rescheduled, sorry Aaron.
    Happy Trails!

We're staying at Peaks Kenney State Park this coming weekend and are planning on doing "Gorge"ous (and several others in that area). We have Dixie and Kim with us so we are pretty limited as to how much hiking we can do. When is the hike?
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Thumbs up Great hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

I was part of the hike last year. It was a perfect day and a great hike. I have a couple of weekends open in September. Just in time for the foliage. A Sat/Sun with camping would suit me just fine.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Brad where are you getting 10 miles. To the cache is just under 2.5 miles one way. The whole loop trail is only 5.2 mile from the parking lot round trip. Are you planning on adding some extra miles to the trip. I am just curious because I am free this weekend (so far) and if I do not go backpacking or off on my own hike then I might be interested.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I am going to be hiking Gulf Hagas this coming weekend. The group I am going with has a campsite reserved at the Hermatage. I think for both Friday and Saturday nights. If anyone would like to come and hike only that would be fine too. You will have to pay the gate fee at KI which is 5 or 6 dollars per person. If you have never been then it is truly worth the trip. There is not a huge elevation gain, but we are planning on about 10 miles on Saturday. 5 miles up and 5 back. This is so a few Boy Scouts can count it towards there merit badges in hiking. Post here or PM if you have any interest. Also there is a great cache to do up there. "Gorge"ous
    by Dave 1976. The weather is looking very nice for now. Let me know.
    When you mentioned this to me at the TL 2007 event I had a feeling there was something going on this weekend . . . and I was right . . . I'm doing a Club ATV ride to Grand Lake Stream from the Airline Snack Bar (and hopefully grabbing a cache in Grand Lake Stream at the same time.) Thanks for the offer though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Don't know where you got your info about the trail length Rick but every link I tried for Gulf hagas says the whole loop trail is over 8 miles in length from the Pleasant River parking area.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Just wonderin... are there places to camp along the trail? or are you going someplace else to camp?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.