Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: jsut getting back into geocaching

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    north monmouth
    Posts
    19

    Default jsut getting back into geocaching

    I started geocaching last year and I can't remember who was so helpful with mac questions. But the learning curve on this sport is kinda steep and I have forgotten how to download pocket queries on a mac to my garmion vista.

    I recently rescued a border collie and we think walking in the woods is way fun!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caro View Post
    I started geocaching last year and I can't remember who was so helpful with mac questions. But the learning curve on this sport is kinda steep and I have forgotten how to download pocket queries on a mac to my garmion vista.

    I recently rescued a border collie and we think walking in the woods is way fun!
    I think Sudonim uses a MAC...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brewer, Maine
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I used to use an etrex vista and this is how I loaded it.
    First you need a USB to serial adapter. I use the Keyspan USA-19Qi
    You also need GPS Connect http://www.chimoosoft.com/gpsconnect.html

    1. Unzip PQ.
    2. Open GPS Connect (I use version 0.2)
    3. Import (file).GPX
    4. GPS action "connect"
    5. (On GPS, delete old waypoints so you get a 'fresh' copy of the info)
    6. Select All (waypoints)
    7. Upload waypoints

    It's been a while since I've used this as I have a Garmin 60Csx and I can't use this setup with it, but should be good with your Vista. If it doesn't work, give me a shout and I can walk you through it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I used to use an etrex vista and this is how I loaded it.
    First you need a USB to serial adapter. I use the Keyspan USA-19Qi
    You also need GPS Connect http://www.chimoosoft.com/gpsconnect.html

    1. Unzip PQ.
    2. Open GPS Connect (I use version 0.2)
    3. Import (file).GPX
    4. GPS action "connect"
    5. (On GPS, delete old waypoints so you get a 'fresh' copy of the info)
    6. Select All (waypoints)
    7. Upload waypoints

    It's been a while since I've used this as I have a Garmin 60Csx and I can't use this setup with it, but should be good with your Vista. If it doesn't work, give me a shout and I can walk you through it.
    Wow . . . complicated (well anything more than five steps for me and my simple mind is complicated ) . . . this is almost like using a Magellan!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Wow . . . complicated (well anything more than five steps for me and my simple mind is complicated ) . . . this is almost like using a Magellan!
    No, no... "Complicated" is when someone has both a Mac AND a Magellan! LOL!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •