Default New Magellan

Here is a new Magellan for all those who admit to owning one

http://www.gpsreview.net/magellan-tr...000/#more-1181

And some more info

http://gpstracklog.typepad.com/gps_t...n-the-mag.html
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Oh my goodness, I thought you were going to say that you got a new Magellan Holy Smokes!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Holy Smokes is right!!!! That would have been a big surprise wouldn't it? I see the new Garmin HCX in my caching future and not long either. I'm getting sick and tired of hitting my Vista on the dash to get it working....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Too funny! I remember having to do that all the time. I had to take the batteries out carefully and only a certain way or coils would fly in a variety of directions.

When I got my 60 CSx, I gave my Vista to my son (Ian). We were recently using them at the same time and it was painful to see how long it took his to lock satellites on. I was at LL Bean this past weekend and looked at the HCX - a decent unit. Am thinking about getting one for Ian for Christmas perhaps. Will be good to hear some feedback from someone who is using it. Keep in mind though that he would never use it for something as "geeky" as geocaching - he'll be using it while mountain biking and other biking trails so there will be lots of cover around.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Well as many of you know I'm an unabashed Magellan lover, but . . .

I'm not so sure about this model . . . granted it's not even out yet . . . but while I like the idea of being able to use other mapping software (i.e. National Geographic software) and the addition of Sirf Star III (although I must confess I am pretty pleased with the accuracy of my Explorist model), I'm not blown away by the idea of only 10-hours of battery use and I've never been a fan of anything that tries to do a lot of everything but does nothing very well (i.e. adding a camera, flashlight and microphone/speaker -- I would rather carry a higher end digital camera for taking pics, decent mini flashlight and a notebook or small personal recording device). I'm also not so sure that a touch screen will be a good addition or not . . . again, only my first thoughts having not seen this model.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."