vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Bug Etiquette

I agree that if the owner wants it mailed that that should be ok, but I don't see much purpose of a TB being mailed from one location to another, unless maybe it collects the stamps along the way. Hmmmmmm....

I think mailing a TB defeats the whole purpose for having a TB. Part of the fun of TB's is that you never know if they'll reach their goal, how long it will take, etc.

If everyone just mailed their TB - what is the purpose? To say that you're TB reached it's goal? So what. That's like having your picture taken with the trophy fish that you bought in the fish market.

Sheesh!

As I said in another thread, I thought it was really cool that one of my TB's is on an island off the coast of Africa. It would be meaningless if I had mailed it to someone there...

Double SHEESH!

Exclamation Wow

A DOUBLE Sheesh Bruce! You feel strongly on this don't you. I personally like to see them go the old fashioned way. I'm sure there are extenuating circumstance to be found even in our humble little world of Geocaching. I look at like Vegitarians. You got you every day garden variety (no pun intended). Then you have your Vegans. The both want the same thing, it's just about the degree of intensity. It's like back when a certain Tennessee cacher would a log a group of finds for one listing. I chose not to participate in that. That was my choice. And according to what Attroll found out from GC.com it's fine either way in there eyes. IMHO Thanks again for the great time Saturday, and when are we doing this again?

Well, I always say it IS about the numbers, and some cachers are more concerned about the numbers than others!

But I see a picture of you with a big fish, you'd better have worm doo-doo on your hands! LOL!

Which reminds me - I've got to remember to bring the pictures of the big trout I caught in Quebec last summer to the next event.

Post TB etiquette?

I agree that in its truest form...moving a tb from one cache to another should be done physically by the cachers involved. I'm NOT in favor of a tb reaching its goal simply by mailing it to its final destination and I don't believe any owner of a tb would want this. After all, the fun is in watching where it goes and the experiences it has. But using mail as an option in moving them along if it fits the goal of the tb should be a consideration. If owners don't want their tb's to move in this manner they should indicate that in the goal. Just clarifying my humble opinion.

Thanks for the input. Everyone had good reasons, pro and con, but I decided that it didn't pass the "sniff test". I emailed back that I wasn't interested. It isn't always about the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    Thanks for the input. Everyone had good reasons, pro and con, but I decided that it didn't pass the "sniff test". I emailed back that I wasn't interested. It isn't always about the numbers
    Well, glad you made the right decision about the TB

But you're wrong about the numbers! LOL!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Mailing TB'S??? BAD, BAD, BAD...
    Ditto - defeats the purpose
    Dextah
    "Lead, Follow, or Get Out of My Way"
    http://www.dextercomputersolutions.net/

Well, if you want to get your TB somewhwre in a hurry, there's always this:

http://www.todayscacher.com/2005/feb/tb.asp

I think that a cache like that would use up WAY more AA batteries than my GPS uses