vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Event in Eustis

Well, I have a frier so if I make it maybe I can bring it. It is exciting to put this on the calendar so far ahead.

I have a fryer also,and I love camping at Cathedral Pines,let me know when you have a date and I'll see if we can make it
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character

I wouldn't mind coming up again but don't make me climb up to View of the Lake again!

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I wouldn't mind coming up again but don't make me climb up to View of the Lake again!
    The places we choose to climb are totally our choice. The trail usually leads in both directions and you can always turn around.

Like the cache - Are you "Feeling A Little Peaked"..........was a real challenge for me but I chose to take it on and am happy I did! A beautiful day with my son and a challenge to make me feel my age, sweat, pant, groan, have to take my time, see a beautiful view and place and then feel good about my accomplishment.

Have done a number of these I would never do again but several I would sweat through again with great friends and family. Thanks for warning me to carefully read that cache description before I go up to an event.

Default Progress

I made some progress today on my 2008 Get Useless In Eustis First Annual Cache Event (or whatever I decide to call it). It will be on September 27, 2008 (a Saturday). I reserved the almost new Community Building for that day. It's big, has two sets of restrooms, a kitchen with 2 electric stoves, two refrigerators, lots of sinks, coffee pots, table, chairs... even a stage. I thought someone might want the stage to demonstrate how to make a new Jeep out of old parts. And if the weather should be cold or rainy it would be a nice place to get warm and talk. We can have a TB/coin swap and maybe a silent auction to benefit the geocachingmaine website. Whatever. I can furnish some door prizes. And of course, a potluck dinner early evening.

I also reserved the two group campsites at Cathedral Pines Campgound, across the street from the main part. Very private and you get the use of all campground facilities, beaches, picnic area, canoes, kayaks, hot showers, flush toilets etc. The group sites have picnic tables, fireplaces and Porta-potties. And I reserved one waterfront site, # 64, in the main part of the campground that will hold two rigs with 3-way hookups. We'll decide later who gets that one. There will be a full moon two days later so whoever gets that site may need to invite everyone for a campfire and a moon watch. The website for the campground is http://www.eustismaine.com/Pines.

Now all we need is good weather. Who's in charge of that, Hiram?

Any suggestions for what to do will be welcomed. There are plenty of caches to find, mountains to climb, lakes to kayak....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

WOW!!! sounds like that will be some kind of event,wish I could be there but one never knows....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

RULOST2? and I were just talking...

She might just "call in" that weekend, and we can spend a couple of days with the pop-up camper. Close enough so that we can make a day trip to Sherbrooke, Quebec and grab a few of their caches. We've been caching there several times, but new caches keep showing up! LOL!

Forgot to say. I'm paying for the Community Building rent and the campsites so all of that is free to anyone who comes. And I'm happy to do it!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Forgot to say. I'm paying for the Community Building rent and the campsites so all of that is free to anyone who comes. And I'm happy to do it!
    Oh, I forgot to ask... Do the sites have cable TV and wireless internet?

Wow - this sounds like it sure is shaping up. Are the campground sites reserved for Friday and Saturday night or just Saturday?

Mainiac1957 has had some good control over the weather in the past so perhaps we should make sure he has this on his calendar.

Thanks for all this advance planning. It is on my calendar!