vb:literal>

Thread: Hunting Season

d’76 Guest

Exclamation Hunting Season

Just a reminder that Bear season starts August 27th and the hunters dont have to wear blaze orange so they may be a bit harder to see. Also remember that by Maine law they are able to start baiting bears 30 days before opening season, so that has already started.

Please also keep in mind that they have a right to do those things and we should not be distrubing the area that they have set up to hunt in.

I would also like to point out that choices in clothing should not include black or dark clothing, since we are pawing around on the ground and rolling over logs that we could be setting our selves up for a terrible experiance.

I was wondering where that barrel of delicious stale donuts came from

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Just a reminder that Bear season starts August 27th and the hunters dont have to wear blaze orange so they may be a bit harder to see. .
    Sheesh! Where has the summer gone???

I've never hunted bear, or bare for that matter, and didn't know the season started so early. Thanks for reminding us. Everyone SHOULD wear blaze orange in the Maine woods during hunting season. Having seen some of the crazies that hunt on my property, I know I'll be wearing blaze orange when I go to the wood shed for firewood! LOL!

Default Thanks....

for reminding us Dave. Glad to say I'll be in Vermont next week for my vacation.

Guess I should check out the hunting season there too. link:http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/Cal...terange=future

Summer may be almost over...but then there's two weeks of Fall and then SNOW season!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Just a reminder that Bear season starts August 27th.....
    Oh my goodness - I thought for sure it was this past weekend - I think I might have been acting like a bear - lol.

On a serious note - thanks for the reminder!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Thanks for the post. My cache which was in a problem area this time of year is temporarily disabled because of wood harvesting.

Reminder is good for all of us.