vb:literal>

Thread: Lewiston area off road park

Hybrid View

Default Lewiston area off road park

Any ORCAs interested in checking out the new off road park down Lewiston way? From what I gather they are still building trails, but have enough done for some fun. I believe admission is still free. Here is their (very poor) website:

http://www.myspace.com/lewiston4x4

I'd be up for a run Sunday or Monday, if anyone is interested. Jake, there might even be a cache or two on the way!

I'd be all for it, but sept is pretty well packed, perhaps an oct playdate???? ALSO!! I was up north this weekend up around greenville area and saw some mudders takin a break... and they had a website on the back of their 4-runners... www.centralmainewheelers.com... i've only just gotten onto their site a few minutes ago... but i fell in love with it on the first paragraph of thier page... "Central Maine Wheelers isn't a make and model elitist snob society. It isn't even limited to four wheel drive vehicles, or four wheelers. Hell, it's not even a club at all! What we ARE, is a collection of enthusiasts that like to take to the trails on the weekends (or weekdays!) with almost any kind of transportation imaginable." can you say... "new friends"? I knew ya could...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hey, thanks for the link--I'm all registered. Looks like a nice site, although coords to "questionable" wheelin' sites are perhaps a bit troubling.

Anyway, we spent some time at the Lewiston area ORV park today and it is nice. We met up with a nice fellow in a TJ who showed us some of the more challenging trails and was pretty impressed that a more-or-less stock looking XJ could keep up with him

One could easily spend several hours there, even though they are just getting started building trails. The trails go from very mild to a bit of a pucker on a couple of the hill climbs. If you don't have the ground clearance, you have to pick a good line on the more challanging trails or you will scrape.

Def. more challenging than anything I've seen around the Golden Rd. (though that's always a nice ride).

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Hey, thanks for the link--I'm all registered. Looks like a nice site, although coords to "questionable" wheelin' sites are perhaps a bit troubling.

Anyway, we spent some time at the Lewiston area ORV park today and it is nice. We met up with a nice fellow in a TJ who showed us some of the more challenging trails and was pretty impressed that a more-or-less stock looking XJ could keep up with him

One could easily spend several hours there, even though they are just getting started building trails. The trails go from very mild to a bit of a pucker on a couple of the hill climbs. If you don't have the ground clearance, you have to pick a good line on the more challanging trails or you will scrape.

Def. more challenging than anything I've seen around the Golden Rd. (though that's always a nice ride).
    what coords are those??

Do they have any overnight accomodations that you know of in lewiston??

sounds like it could turn out to somethin pretty cool

ahh nvmnd, i see the coords you see...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

Eventually, I understand they want to do a full-fledged camping area. For now, it seems they are allowing free camping, but I didn't see much for accomodations, other than a porta pottie in a clearing near the trail head. I guess a call to the owner would be a good idea prior to planning an overnight.

Still, a fall ORCA day trip/picnic might be an idea. The price is certainly right, and don't think it will dissapoint those wanting a challenge. For those with less intestinal fortitude regading vehicle damage, ATVs are also allowed

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    . . . For those with less intestinal fortitude regading vehicle damage, ATVs are also allowed
    That would be me!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    what coords are those??

Lewiston is only 8 miles from the house so if anyone ever wants to stay in out back yard your more then welcome. Just let me know ahead of time.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Lewiston is only 8 miles from the house so if anyone ever wants to stay in out back yard your more then welcome. Just let me know ahead of time.
    Rick, that's a super idea--thanks for the offer! BTW, how is your truck? Some of these trails might be a bit much for a full size PU, but others would be fine.