vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TAT completes the Trek

Thumbs up TAT completes the Trek

It was an honor to join Cache Maine for our own Trek on Sunday and Monday to meet TAT and KachingKaren as TAT completed his Trek. CM and I took off about noon to head to Northern Maine, do some caching, cross into Canada and cache some more for our first day.

That done, we came back stateside (after a random pick at the border for them to look at the vehicle, have us file a formal paper declaration and examine (literally) our passports. Border crossing complete we were on to caching with a goal of getting to Machias by 1 PM.

We made it and were searching the water for TAT and KK. We even questioned ourself were we to late. There was not one there except an older (Lois-Ann is writing here) lady and gentleman. Finally, from around the point came the flash of paddles, binoculars out - yes, that's TAT's hat.......and they came into view.

It was a grand arrival and great reunion. What an accomplishment! We enjoyed taking some pictures, the Machias Weekly newspaper interview with TAT (those were the other folks waiting). Helped unload the kayaks, pack the car and the kayaks became lofty upon KK's car. Ready to travel. We then went for lunch at the famous Helen's Restaurant.

Hummm, TAT and KK wanted coffee and I think TAT enjoyed the mashed potaotes & salad bar. What would a reunion of caching friends be without talking caching? We discussed some local caches and developed a plan.

Headed out - did a caches before leaving town and were on our way.

This surely was a memorable and glorious way to spend a holiday weekend.

(Hopefully CM will upload some of the pics).

Job well done TAT! You are the best!

Just gotta say that one of the great side benefits of geocaching is meeting great people and actually becoming part of a family.

A great accomplishment by Tom, with frequent support by KK, frequent publicity, encouragement and support by Cameo & Hollora...

Truly wonderful...

congratulations, tat! i really enjoyed being a small part of your journey when you came to stonington.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Just gotta say that one of the great side benefits of geocaching is meeting great people and actually becoming part of a family...
    I couldn't agree more!!

The encouragement and support from the Geocaching comunity has been even more amazing the coast line it self.

I want to thank all of you who have donated time and money and for all the kind words. The real winners in this are the people who need help from a very debilitating disease, and Geocachers have made the difference!

I hope to be able to add much more to the site about the journey, both in words and in pictures.

www.MaineTrek.com

Hey congrats to a great person and I'm sure you will have many more stories and photos to add to the site as well. Welcome home!!!! We all love you TAT!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    We all love you TAT!!!
    Sure do and that is exactly what it said on the other side of Cameo's car - with the use of a heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    We all love you TAT!!!
    Sheesh! I've applauded Tom's trek, but I sure wouldn't go THAT far!