vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Log Those Geocoins and TB's!

Hybrid View

Default Please Log Those Geocoins and TB's!

Three days after the Last Cache Bashe event, there are STILL 10 geocoins listed as being at the event. Both Maniac1957 and Hollora say that the coins were not left at their events, so PLEASE - log them out!

One of the coins is RULOST2?'s Civil War Geocoin #4 Shiloh, which we released at the Last Cache Bashe event, and which means a lot to us as it was given to us at GeoWoodstock 5. (We'd really like to get that coin into Sudonim's hands!)

Please - remember to log coins and TB's as soom as you can after an event, or after placing them in, or taking them from a cache.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Three days after the Last Cache Bashe event, there are STILL 10 geocoins listed as being at the event. Both Maniac1957 and Hollora say that the coins were not left at their events, so PLEASE - log them out!

One of the coins is RULOST2?'s Civil War Geocoin #4 Shiloh, which we released at the Last Cache Bashe event, and which means a lot to us as it was given to us at GeoWoodstock 5. (We'd really like to get that coin into Sudonim's hands!)

Please - remember to log coins and TB's as soom as you can after an event, or after placing them in, or taking them from a cache.

Thanks!
    Bruce - you have raised a point which bears merit. I considered having a log in page in my book like Rick - but noticed at Rick's event it wasn't used completely. It is almost a case of needing a volunteer to help log them in AND out! I can assure you I did not see this coin at the Apres event. Hopefully whoever took it will log it soon. I know some of the attendees were from out of town. Maybe that is the delay.

Any suggestions from others on how to deal with TBs at these events is welcome. It seems the coins are more of a problem than the TBs.

Everyone - please remember - the folks who release these coins do this so others may see them, enjoy discovering them and get the icons. When they are not logged in a timely fashion it erodes the confidence of those who release them.

If we are to continue seeing coins in the "wild", please do whatever possible to log them and help track them. Also it is recognized, sometimes they take a little leave but we just had to sometimes have faith they will reappear.

Hang in there Bruce - I pray this one will be logged!
    Last edited by hollora; 09-11-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: mistake in grammar

Default Another missing coin

There was a coin belonging to Waterski that was there at my event for discovery. Someone picked it up and I hope it will surface so they can get it back. If you may have picked it up unknowingly, that's an honest mistake. TB's and coins always seems to be slow logging out after events.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    There was a coin belonging to Waterski that was there at my event for discovery. Someone picked it up and I hope it will surface so they can get it back. If you may have picked it up unknowingly, that's an honest mistake. TB's and coins always seems to be slow logging out after events.
    Amen on the slow - seems we are smart up here in Maine - can't we think of something so we can do better with this TB/coin discovery - move on thing.

Didn't see a coin belonging to waterski logged into you event - which one was it Brad? I always hand on to my coins in my pocket or box (and then loose the box like at my event LOL) which are only for discovery. Putting a coin onto the table is risky.

Hope the missing coin can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Putting a coin onto the table is risky.
    And THAT bothers me! Sheesh! I hate to think that we have members of geocachingmaine.org that have the audacity to show their faces at an event, and then steal the geocoins!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    And THAT bothers me! Sheesh! I hate to think that we have members of geocachingmaine.org that have the audacity to show their faces at an event, and then steal the geocoins!
    Well - what I meant was not that they wouldn't eventually log them - but rather that they might not get logged right away. Bruce - you know for sure - some things take a long time before they happen! LOL

Gosh, I hope my comments are not mistaken - I know they have been lately and this discussion is just general. Agreed, also, that logs don't work.

I have had TB reappear after months so I just say - Like, Keep the Faith!

Didn't see a coin belonging to waterski logged into you event - which one was it Brad? I always hand on to my coins in my pocket or box (and then loose the box like at my event LOL) which are only for discovery. Putting a coin onto the table is risky.

Hope the missing coin can be found.
    It was that thick bronze canal one....Ohio I think?

Did you really lose your box? Or did you find it later?
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 09-11-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    It was that think bronze canal one....Ohio I think?

Did you really lose your box? Or did you find it later?
    Found it later - I lose everything but usually it comes back LOL

Bruce - you have raised a point which bears merit. I considered having a log in page in my book like Rick - but noticed at Rick's event it wasn't used completely.
    In my experience, having a log doesn't work. Check the logs that have been maintained at events and I'm sure you'll find gaps - bugs/coins that weren't logged in - or out.

I just hope the coins/bugs that are left are all accounted for eventually...

Speaking of the discovery thing. This is just my opinion but I think this whole discovery thing is a bunch of crap. What happened to just logging the coin or TB if you take it and place it in another cache in a timely fashion. It seems there are a lot of people who are into the whole icon collection thing on their cache page. For myself ,if I can't move a TB or coin along then I don't take it. Just my opinion and take it for what it's worth, which probably ain't much.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.