vb:literal>

Thread: Coast Guard Announcement

Default Coast Guard Announcement

This morning I was listening to the Coast Guard's announcements to mariners and there was an announcement about the satellites. I found what they read doing an on-line search. To me it is very techno but I am sure there are some of you out there who would like to know this information.

Here is what they read: NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2007105 NANU TYPE: GENERAL
    *** GENERAL MESSAGE TO ALL GPS USERS ***
    THE AIR FORCE GPS OPERATIONAL CONTROL SEGMENT WILL TRANSFER CONSTELLATION OPERATIONS FROM THE LEGACY MASTER CONTROL STATION (MCS) TO AN UPGRADED ARCHITECTURE EVOLUTION PLAN (AEP) NEW MASTER CONTROL STATION IN SEPTEMBER. DUE TO OPERATIONAL AND SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS, THE SPECIFIC DATES OF THE TRANSITION TO AEP ARE NOT PUBLICALLY RELEASABLE. THE PHASED OPERATIONAL TRANSITION WILL MIGRATE EACH SATELLITE, GROUND ANTENNA, MONITOR STATION AND OTHER GPS DATA FEEDS FROM THE MCS TO THE AEP NMCS IN AN INCREMENTAL MANNER. GPS USERS EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS SHOULD FOLLOW NORMAL REPORTING PROCEDURES AS OUTLINED BELOW.

CIVILIAN USERS � CONTACT USCG NAVIGATION CENTER (NAVCEN) AT COMMERCIAL 703-313-5900, HTTP://WWW.NAVCEN.USCG.GOV.

MILITARY USERS � CONTACT THE GPS OPERATIONS CENTER AT DSN 560-2541 OR COMMERCIAL 719-567-2541, HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPSOC. ALTERNATE CONTACT FOR MILITARY USERS IS THE JOINT SPACE OPERATIONS CENTER (JSPOC) AT DSN 276-9994 OR COMMERCIAL 805-606-9994, E-MAIL JPSOCCOMBATOPS@VANDENBERG.AF.MIL.

POC:
    CIVILIAN - NAVCEN AT 703-313-5900, HTTP://WWW.NAVCEN.USCG.GOV
    MILITARY - GPS OPERATIONS CENTER AT HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPSOC, DSN 560-2541,
    COMM 719-567-2541, GPS_SUPPORT@SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL, HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPS
    MILITARY ALTERNATE - JOINT SPACE OPERATIONS CENTER, DSN 276-9994,
    COMM 805-606-9994, JSPOCCOMBATOPS@VANDENBERG.AF.MIL

I also found that one may subscribe to a GPS mailing list. General information about the mailing list is at:
    http://cgls.uscg.mil/mailman/listinfo/gps

If the above post duplicates information on this website - administrator - please feel free to delete. Otherwise - enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    This morning I was listening to the Coast Guard's announcements to mariners and there was an announcement about the satellites. I found what they read doing an on-line search. To me it is very techno but I am sure there are some of you out there who would like to know this information.

Here is what they read: NOTICE ADVISORY TO NAVSTAR USERS (NANU) 2007105 NANU TYPE: GENERAL
    THE AIR FORCE GPS OPERATIONAL CONTROL SEGMENT WILL TRANSFER CONSTELLATION OPERATIONS FROM THE LEGACY MASTER CONTROL STATION (MCS) TO AN UPGRADED ARCHITECTURE EVOLUTION PLAN (AEP) NEW MASTER CONTROL STATION IN SEPTEMBER. DUE TO OPERATIONAL AND SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS, THE SPECIFIC DATES OF THE TRANSITION TO AEP ARE NOT PUBLICALLY RELEASABLE. THE PHASED OPERATIONAL TRANSITION WILL MIGRATE EACH SATELLITE, GROUND ANTENNA, MONITOR STATION AND OTHER GPS DATA FEEDS FROM THE MCS TO THE AEP NMCS IN AN INCREMENTAL MANNER. GPS USERS EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS SHOULD FOLLOW NORMAL REPORTING PROCEDURES AS OUTLINED BELOW.

CIVILIAN USERS � CONTACT USCG NAVIGATION CENTER (NAVCEN) AT COMMERCIAL 703-313-5900, HTTP://WWW.NAVCEN.USCG.GOV.

MILITARY USERS � CONTACT THE GPS OPERATIONS CENTER AT DSN 560-2541 OR COMMERCIAL 719-567-2541, HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPSOC. ALTERNATE CONTACT FOR MILITARY USERS IS THE JOINT SPACE OPERATIONS CENTER (JSPOC) AT DSN 276-9994 OR COMMERCIAL 805-606-9994, E-MAIL JPSOCCOMBATOPS@VANDENBERG.AF.MIL.

POC:
    CIVILIAN - NAVCEN AT 703-313-5900, HTTP://WWW.NAVCEN.USCG.GOV
    MILITARY - GPS OPERATIONS CENTER AT HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPSOC, DSN 560-2541,
    COMM 719-567-2541, GPS_SUPPORT@SCHRIEVER.AF.MIL, HTTP://GPS.AFSPC.AF.MIL/GPS
    MILITARY ALTERNATE - JOINT SPACE OPERATIONS CENTER, DSN 276-9994,
    COMM 805-606-9994, JSPOCCOMBATOPS@VANDENBERG.AF.MIL

I also found that one may subscribe to a GPS mailing list. General information about the mailing list is at:
    http://cgls.uscg.mil/mailman/listinfo/gps

If the above post duplicates information on this website - administrator - please feel free to delete. Otherwise - enjoy!
    Here's a translation of what's happening:

Gobblygook satellites gobblygook Air Force gobblygook Joint Space gooblygook control segment gobblygook transfer gobblygook constellation master gobblygook updated architectural plan gobblygook MCS to AEPS NMSC GPS NASA USA FBI CIA OOS KISS ICBM IM AOL re: SAC gobblygook. Any questions? 245-987-2899 ext. 4522 then dial ext. 1278 and ask for Lt. Sheleih who will transfer you to Capt. Hook.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

yeah... what jake said....

Would that even affect us? I don't think we use thier nanu nanu system (i thought that was for Mork) I thought our GPSr units just kinda piggybacked their high tech stuff.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeah... what jake said....

Would that even affect us? I don't think we use thier nanu nanu system (i thought that was for Mork) I thought our GPSr units just kinda piggybacked their high tech stuff.
    Well, the Coast Guard notice on their radio sounded like boaters might be effected. Some of us use GPSrs like the ones folks use on sailboats, etc.

Perhaps this is what is wrong with mine Jake?? Opps, forgot, you would say it is because I have a Garmin! Maybe, I have discovered the problem. LOL