vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Western Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Team Ducky View Post
    Rangeley Overlook, Bemis, Height of the Land, Coos Cayon(drop off Cameoooooo's Lost Keys, hey it mentions a house key. Anyone know where Cache Maines lives? )
    He he heh....I am so excited that my keys are coming back into Maine, but come on now! Rangeley! he he heh. *smile* Can't wait to see them again, and where's that pic of the keys you keep talking about, I would LOVE to see it. Have a safe trip and maybe, just maybe....see you on the trail!!!!

If you're coming in on Rt. 16 you should get Molechunkamunk:Millbrook. It's a micro but you can drive right to it and it's in a really beautiful spot. That's one of my favorites. Also get A Fine Dam Cache, another nice place. Moose Tracks is in Rangeley, on the road to the Saddleback Lodge. Not too scenic but easy to get to. Travel Bug isn't far from Coos Canyon but not as scenic. But enough already! You probably have more caches listed than you can get to. And next year you're coming to Eustis, right?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    He he heh....I am so excited that my keys are coming back into Maine, but come on now! Rangeley! he he heh. *smile* Can't wait to see them again, and where's that pic of the keys you keep talking about, I would LOVE to see it. Have a safe trip and maybe, just maybe....see you on the trail!!!!
    I took some photos a few minutes ago...sorry didn't have more time to play in Photoshop. There is another photo on the TB page, with a closer look at the keys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moose_ride.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	245  

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    If you're coming in on Rt. 16 you should get Molechunkamunk:Millbrook. It's a micro but you can drive right to it and it's in a really beautiful spot. That's one of my favorites. Also get A Fine Dam Cache, another nice place. Moose Tracks is in Rangeley, on the road to the Saddleback Lodge. Not too scenic but easy to get to. Travel Bug isn't far from Coos Canyon but not as scenic. But enough already! You probably have more caches listed than you can get to. And next year you're coming to Eustis, right?
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will make it a point to visit Millbrook and Dam cache. Unsure where we'll head next year, who knows we could fall in love with the area and stop back for a second day...then we'll do Eustis. I have my Garmin loaded with 900 caches...never know where you'll end up.

We did a few caches near Rangeley in August and we did see a moose while in teh area.

Here are a few we did:
    GCWZ95 The Shoe closet was interesting and a quick grab
    GCWZ8T The lost Shoe is along the same road near the state park
    GCNDJQ Coos Canyon Cache
    GC4E50 Overlook
    GC1829 Bemis One of the older caches in Maine and a short hike. You may get lucky and see a walking stick or two at teh trail head...we saw a crutch
    GCWZAB Rangeley Overlook Very nice view.
    GC4E50 Overlook Very nice view
    There were a good variety of caches in the area.
    Use caution while in the area especially as dusk approaches... Moose blend right into the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    We did a few caches near Rangeley in August and we did see a moose while in teh area.

Here are a few we did:
    =
    Yup - I would definitely do these two! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post

Here are a few we did:

Use caution while in the area especially as dusk approaches... Moose blend right into the shadows
    Hmmm....those two weren't on my list. I'll see if I can grab those. I have 18 on my list already! My record for one day was 17.

We really hope to see Moose on our trip, although I think our best shot is in the Pittsburg, NH area.

Any good places to eat in area?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Team Ducky View Post
    Hmmm....those two weren't on my list. I'll see if I can grab those. I have 18 on my list already! My record for one day was 17.

We really hope to see Moose on our trip, although I think our best shot is in the Pittsburg, NH area.

Any good places to eat in area?
    The Lost Shoe and the Shoe Closet are "different" and fun micros, nothing particularly scenic about the area they're in except it's all scenic in western Maine. The moose are hiding, the hunt is coming up soon. the best time to see moose is in late April through mid-June. And a good place to eat, if you happen to be hungry when you get to Oquossoc, is the Gingerbread House.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    The Lost Shoe and the Shoe Closet are "different" and fun micros,
    Sheesh! Any time a micro is "different", it's worth doing! LOL!

Not to derail the intent of this post, but I think we have one up on that crutch. We ran into a complete set of undergarments recently while geocaching in southern maine along with one shoe . . . someone must have had an interesting walk out of the woods