vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Western Maine

and thanks for the start of a good list, we have been meaning to get over to Rangely.

There is a simple cache on Dead Man's Corner in New Hamphire.

We enjoy going to Coos Canyon but have not been there recently when able to explore (not necessarily a great location for the wee ones).

Jockey Cap in Fryburg is a quick hike. Bemis has been on our list for almost a year now.

And now that I see how random my post is, I think I shall stop posting for tonight

Hi Gang!

I'm here at the Inn in NH. I am using a shared compurter with a slow connection.

I am going to be very, VERY, busy when I get home. This has been a weird week with the hot weather. I have MS and cannot tolerate the heat and I fatigue quickly. However, I have managed to find 25-30 caches, only logged one so far...going to wait until I get home with a faster connection. I have covered three states and Canada. Yesterday was the western maine trip, went 8 for 9 before the storms rolled in. Cameo's Lost Keys are in Rangeley though. Rangeley trees are peak, get there now if you want to see them. I'm not a fan of Rt. 17, I dislike roads on mountains without guardrails.

One of my favorite caches that I found was the Shoe Closet. All those shoes, found the cache quickly. Our sig item is camo rubber duckies, 4 shoes now contain one.

I'll post the list on finds in Maine when I get home. Western Maine and Portland.

Glad you had a great time, beautiful trip wasn't it? If you had a camera we would like to see some of the photos that you took.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

When I saw that Team Ducky had left 4 camo rubber ducks at the Shoe Closet, I had to get one since I collect signature items. But I didn't want to drive that far for a rubber duck! But then my daughter called and she had to go to Rangeley so she took me along. And one of the 4 ducks is now happily home with me. Since you're supposed to "leave something if you take something", I tucked a small wooden loon into one of the shoes. Saw some wild turkeys near the cache. Their feathers really looked beautiful in the afternoon light. The pole with all the hats on it is still there. And another "collection" has been started on yet another pole. Looks like this one will be women's underwear. I'm sure some of you will be interested in watching that one "grow". Thanks, Team Ducky!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

I will post some photos soon, it took me 4-5 hours to log my finds of course it didn't help that I ended up with 14 TB's on my journey (tried to insure that each one got 3 states and Canada). I didn't get many at Rangeley since I ran for cover! I don't like black skies and thunder. I have some nice ones at the Shoe Closest and Millbrook. Too funny that you picked up our camo rubber ducky.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    When I saw that Team Ducky had left 4 camo rubber ducks at the Shoe Closet, I had to get one since I collect signature items. But I didn't want to drive that far for a rubber duck! But then my daughter called and she had to go to Rangeley so she took me along. And one of the 4 ducks is now happily home with me. Since you're supposed to "leave something if you take something", I tucked a small wooden loon into one of the shoes. Saw some wild turkeys near the cache. Their feathers really looked beautiful in the afternoon light. The pole with all the hats on it is still there. And another "collection" has been started on yet another pole. Looks like this one will be women's underwear. I'm sure some of you will be interested in watching that one "grow". Thanks, Team Ducky!
    So if I head to Rangeley, I can get my keys, one camo duck and a wooden loon? You know, work is really starting to cramp my caching style. Hope they are still there when I get there!

Glad you had a great time Ducky...and thanks so much for taking care of my keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    So if I head to Rangeley, I can get my keys, one camo duck and a wooden loon? You know, work is really starting to cramp my caching style. Hope they are still there when I get there!
    Well, I would go on a rescue mission but have an exam appointment tomorrow....bummmer!

If you need me to, I can rescue your keys, get you a duck AND a loon. Maybe even a wild turkey! Are your keys in the Shoe Closet too? I could mail everything to you. Or would that deprive you of the thrill of discovery???? Let me know.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

If you need me to, I can rescue your keys, get you a duck AND a loon. Maybe even a wild turkey! Are your keys in the Shoe Closet too? I could mail everything to you. Or would that deprive you of the thrill of discovery???? Let me know.
    What an amazing offer, but I'll have to pass. I do hope to get to Rangeley very soon and will settle happily for the memories of the trip if the above things are long gone. It's all about the journey! Thanks for the thoughful gesture and if my tb was in "trouble" then I would surely take you up on the offer! Thanks again!

Now is that wild turkey . . . or Wild Turkey?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."