vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Western Maine

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Now is that wild turkey . . . or Wild Turkey?
    Sorry, Jake, it's wild turkey, not Wild Turkey.

And Cameoooooo, maybe I'll just send you a wild turkey. Would you like it live or dead? Hope you get to Rangeley soon and enjoy the journey. Don't forget to check on that virtual you adopted from me. Virtuals take a LOT of upkeep!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Sorry, Jake, it's wild turkey, not Wild Turkey.

And Cameoooooo, maybe I'll just send you a wild turkey. Would you like it live or dead? Hope you get to Rangeley soon and enjoy the journey. Don't forget to check on that virtual you adopted from me. Virtuals take a LOT of upkeep!
    He he heh, I know...I'm just bombarded with emails on that Rangeley virtual. hehehe
    I sure hope to get out there soon!

Wow, does time fly! I am super lazy with my photos...and FINALLY got to post my second half of the trip at GC. I'll post two here. My Maine photos aren't great, darn storms that moved in.

Here I am with the Lost Keys at Rangeley. The smiley face on the key chain is my addition. If you look to the left those are black clouds with thunder. We left when we heard that.

Amy at Fort Williams

Great pics...nice set of keys you got there!!!! Your shirt says, "got moose?" That is funny.

Warning, the Ducks are coming back in May! I am attending a conference in Jackson, NH the first week of May, I expect to have some time to get some of those cache I missed last time.

Isn't May mud season?

No, dahlin. May is blackflies.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

This is Maine. Spring, Summer, and Fall is mud season.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    This is Maine. Spring, Summer, and Fall is mud season.
    You are right and I have fallen down in enough puddles to prove it - just ask Francis Family!

Well actually, just 3 weeks ago one of the snowmobile trails around here was closed because of too much mud. My wife and I and Keiko tipped over into a big pool of it and Keiko was crushed underneath. Only half her little body was showing out of the mud. My leg was caught underneath the machine and it took my wife pulling the machine from the uphill side and me pushing the runner with my free leg to get it off of us. Took quite a bath to get all the mud out of Keiko. We were all cold, wet, and miserable. Until last weeks cold weather there was a lot of mud spots and running water on a lot of the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Well actually, just 3 weeks ago one of the snowmobile trails around here was closed because of too much mud. My wife and I and Keiko tipped over into a big pool of it and Keiko was crushed underneath. Only half her little body was showing out of the mud. My leg was caught underneath the machine and it took my wife pulling the machine from the uphill side and me pushing the runner with my free leg to get it off of us. Took quite a bath to get all the mud out of Keiko. We were all cold, wet, and miserable. Until last weeks cold weather there was a lot of mud spots and running water on a lot of the trails.
    I hear ya . . . two weeks (or maybe it was three weeks) ago I decided to take the sled down for a short ride to the store to gas it up . . . after going through three wetholes and two running streams and getting a mud bath I decided to park the sled until things froze up . . . which they did by last weekend . . . doesn't look good now though with yesterday's rain/temp and Friday night/Saturday morning's forecast . . . seems like I'm going sledding every other weekend.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."