vb:literal>

Thread: Now This Was Intereesting...

Default Now This Was Intereesting...

The other day, a new cache popped up in my area of the woods. Since Haffy is now in South Carolina, and since this cache wasn't too far from home, I decided to go for the FTF.

So... I get to the parking spot, and immediately see what I believe to be a "geotrail" - rather faint because the cache hasn't been found yet - but a trail nonetheless. The parking spot is about 500 feet from the cache.

So I star following the trail, and after about 50 feet, the trail disappears. I'm looking around, wondering which way the cache owner went, when I realize I'm in the middle of an active marijuana plantation! I sure wasn't following a geotrail!!!

Anyway, I emailed the cache owner and GPSFun, and the cache is no longer listed. Sorry toker dudes and dudettes! LOL!

It's that time of year, so watch where you're treading! There may be more than poison ivy near that cache!

(For those that are wondering... NO, I didn't log the cache! I left in a hurry. LOL!)

Holy smokes!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Exclamation Check this out...

This was sent to me by Charron of Parmachenee today.

Did you happen to see a recent article in the Portland Sunday paper about the search and seizure of marijuana plants going on right now? The article focused on the Livermore and Turner areas. Apparently the crops are nearing harvesting time and they turn a shade of green that really stands out to the police who are searching from helicopters. Of special interest, and concern, to us was a particular method of "sale" that the growers are using. They sell the coords for the plants and buyers using GPS units go off into the woods to get their plants. It saves a lot of work in harvesting for the grower and he does not risk having the stuff hanging around the house, etc. Sooooo.........we cachers might have some 'splainin to do some day when we are out looking for a cache and the police are right on top of us thinking we are making a transaction.

WOW!
    Happy Trails!

So... when the buyers TAKE the pot, what do they leave? A McToy? Or do they trade up and leave a bag of heroin...

So Bruce... did you contact the local authorities too???

if not... what cache was this??? (i've been hurtin for cash lately and I think FFJ has some contacts....)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hmm, maybe we could make some extra money for the web site now., Just kidding.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Hmm, maybe we could make some extra money for the web site now., Just kidding.

we could make hemp "geocachingmaine.org" tshirts.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

if not... what cache was this??? (i've been hurtin for cash lately and I think FFJ has some contacts....)
    At first I was wondering why you were dragging me into this . . . and then I remembered telling you guys about the pot that was planted on Dad's land without him knowing about it . . . and the SchoolBoard member who was busted several years back for growing and selling it . . . and then it clicked . . . thought you were trying to make me out to be Maine's "Tony Montana."
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post

No, if some guy wants to grow pot that's his business. Iwas just worried about some unsuspecting cacher getting between the pot and the pot owners, or the pot and the police! Sheesh!

(See Maniac's post above - I've still got the coordinates... LOL!)