vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking like we may have a good winter...

Team2hunt,

better change that filter before winter...you could be couped up for days in the house and a plugged filter will not work properly here!!! LOL!!!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Well, I for one am looking forward to more snow. Love snowshoeing and skiing and skating and playing

Some wet would not bother me at all either . . . went mountain biking today and for the first time ever at this time of year there was no water no mud nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Deb. You know what I want to say here. Don't yah!

Sheesh! Filtered again....
    HMMM.... Coffee?
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    The farm ponds dowb here in midcoast area are about as dry as I've seen in my past 14 yrs. Argh! Hope the tractor is up to par. Figures this is the year without a snowmobile for us.
    Sounds good . . . snowmobiles should be able to be purchased relatively cheaply after two not-very-good sledding years.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Brutal winter coming?

It was so nice out today. I decided to take one last swim and headed out with the jet-ski. The lake temp in Sebago is still at 69 degrees. Last year the last time out was Sept 14th.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    It was so nice out today. I decided to take one last swim and headed out with the jet-ski. The lake temp in Sebago is still at 69 degrees. Last year the last time out was Sept 14th.
    LOL! I remember when I was a kid - must have been 8-9 or so...

We were at Sand Beach on Mount Desert - undoubtedly July or August. I was in my bathing suit, and as soon as we were settled, I dashed into the water. I immediately went into shock as the cold water hit me! LOL! I had to be rescued.

Never again have I been swimming in coastal Maine waters.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    LOL! I remember when I was a kid - must have been 8-9 or so...

We were at Sand Beach on Mount Desert - undoubtedly July or August. I was in my bathing suit, and as soon as we were settled, I dashed into the water. I immediately went into shock as the cold water hit me! LOL! I had to be rescued.

Never again have I been swimming in coastal Maine waters.
    that's what you get for going swiming after the break of the first ice age bruce...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    that's what you get for going swiming after the break of the first ice age bruce...
    Well, we can also look at "Global Warming" as having the potential to someday allow us to swim in coastal Maine (and only 10 minutes from Waterville!)! LOL!

Well, we can also look at "Global Warming" as having the potential to someday allow us to swim in coastal Maine (and only 10 minutes from Waterville!)! LOL!
    ewwww... can you imagine all the garbage floating around if it came this close to waterville?? I wouldn't swim in that no matter how warm it was.

btw... I'm already feeling this cold winter coming, I had to open the window and turn on the fan last night, I almost turned the a/c on... what's up with that???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

. . . I was in my bathing suit . . .
    Speedos?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."