vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reaching out to caching friends.....

Default reaching out to caching friends.....

Well Team Teebow was the victim of a theft Saturday night. Some one had the nerve to steal our 2 seater sit on top kayak. At 10:30 pm the punks came in and took Tom's kayak and two paddles. Yep, just two paddles when all four were sitting there along with a chainsaw and 3 other kayaks and a few fishing poles. We are so ticked. Here is the information for the kayak we are asking that if you see one please let us know where you saw it or get a description of the vehicle or license plate of the vehicle. Thanks I will try to get Tom to maybe post a picture of it, I am computer illiterate in the picture sense.

Bright Yellow, 2 person sit on top kayak, Ocean Kayak and Malibu Two written on the sides in blue. It is about 12 feet long. The paddles are black and silver, pretty standard looking.

So fellow kayaking cachers if you are out on the water and you see one that might be ours, let us know. We want to catch those losers who decided to take our Banana boat!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Now that would ....

I will definitely keep my eyes open for it. I'm always checking out kayaks on cars and in the water....
    I would be be major ticked-off too!

Where do you live - what area? I would keep my eyes posted to Ebay, also Uncle Henry's and check the classified pages (usually they are on line) of the papers in your area especially.

There is nothing worst than a thief but sometimes you get lucky and catch one. Especially with a lot of folks watching for the goods.

You can also post this note on North Shore Paddlers Network, nshpn.org and kayakforum.com. I'll be sure to keep an eye out, but thats a pretty common boat, Having the serial # would help.

Sorry to hear about this guys....gees. Keep us posted.

We live in Topsham, Brunswick is the town that boarders us. It was most likely someone local and drives by the house regularly. Please keep your eyes posted on ebay, craigs list, uncle henery's, everywhere. We've contacted most of the pawn shops, and I've called most places local that sell the ocean kayak brand and everything. So any help with for sale publications and web sites would be helpful!!!

Thanks in advance.

Tom and Cheryl Thibeault

You got it - we will be watching - have you contacted Bowdoin college security? It couldn't hurt. My hubby suggested this one. He used to work at UMPD and folks always gave them heads up for things among the missing. Another set or two of eyes looking if they put it out to the troops.

I'm going to all the local police stations, oil delivery people I know, sporting stores, pawn shops (Most of these places are run by crooks anyway), and any place else I can think of. I figure if I spread the word like this the punks won't have a chance to do any thing with it and will either bring it back and apologize (Yeah Right!!!) or they will just dump it somewhere.

TT

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    I'm going to all the local police stations, oil delivery people I know, sporting stores, pawn shops (Most of these places are run by crooks anyway), and any place else I can think of. I figure if I spread the word like this the punks won't have a chance to do any thing with it and will either bring it back and apologize (Yeah Right!!!) or they will just dump it somewhere.

TT
    I know how you feel. Last year someone stole our woodsplitter right out of our front yard. Sadly, there is not much that can be done, unless you actually see it and recognize it as yours. There are a lot of kayaks and woodsplitters out there...

Yeah I know...but I also happen to have the serial number to the one they took so that may be a leg up on them!!!