vb:literal>

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping at Wheelbarrow Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    What part of Vt are you going to?

Well I'm not sure yet . . . Plymouth will most likely be on our list of places to see since we really liked visiting Calvin Coolidge's hometown on our last visit several years back . . . other than that I'm not sure.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That sounds like it would be fun and I would have loved to go but
    I always have Columbus Day off so I make my long weekend plans months in advance...and it usually involves a campground stay before they all close for winter. Sounds like a great time....have fun.
    Maybe next year......

Looks like a few of you will be in VT....The foliage is pretty here but the colors aren't very brilliant...yet. The last few years we have not had the reds but Columbus weekend maybe it will liven up a bit. We didn't have enough rain early on and the colors just seem dry and not very crisp. But fall in VT is still very pretty and I hope you all enjoy it. Some of the apple orchards are starting to open now. If any of you are in Stowe area, make sure you stop at the Cider Mill (not far from Ben & Jerrys). They make the best doughnuts and their cider is being made right on the spot.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

I might be up for the ride--any excuse to get the Jeep dirty--I doubt the rest of the team will be interested in rustic camping, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    Rick-
    If there are some of you going- then I plan to come up- I talked Larry into coming with me so I cant wait. The ice caves a really cool- Im glad there will be a few of us to go over there. I will use your directions - I got into Omaha beach- but Im a bit confused on Wheelbarrow pitch, and unfortunately my computer is on the blink - so I dont have my mapsets to put in the coords and seee where it is...but I will figure it out by next week.
    I assume the caves will be explored on saturday? does anyone need a boat- I can carry a couple with me no problem.
    I dont have monday off either- But I think I will leave Gloucester by 130 fri- and hope to get there before dark.
    I didnt want to leave there in August, its an awesome area!

Carol
    Awesome. The more the merrier. Yes I think we are planning on doing the ice caves Saturday. I have not even talked to Hiram about them yet. I am just assuming he would want to do them becaause we meantioned it once before.

I have maps for each of the caves so that should help us out if we get to them.
    Blazing Troll

Rick-
    If there are some of you going- then I plan to come up- I talked Larry into coming with me so I cant wait. The ice caves a really cool- Im glad there will be a few of us to go over there. I will use your directions - I got into Omaha beach- but Im a bit confused on Wheelbarrow pitch, and unfortunately my computer is on the blink - so I dont have my mapsets to put in the coords and seee where it is...but I will figure it out by next week.
    I assume the caves will be explored on saturday? does anyone need a boat- I can carry a couple with me no problem.
    I dont have monday off either- But I think I will leave Gloucester by 130 fri- and hope to get there before dark.
    I didnt want to leave there in August, its an awesome area!

Carol
    Getting to wheelbarrow pitch is just as easy as getting to omaha beach, before you get to omaha there will be an intersection, turn right there, it will take you down to little omaha, wheelbarrow pitch is about .5mi past little omaha on the left. (don't worry about getting lost, theres only one way in and one way out on those roads...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Awesome. The more the merrier. Yes I think we are planning on doing the ice caves Saturday. I have not even talked to Hiram about them yet. I am just assuming he would want to do them becaause we meantioned it once before.

I have maps for each of the caves so that should help us out if we get to them.
    I'm up for the icecaves, maybe we can find a decent spot to chill the beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    That sounds like it would be fun and I would have loved to go but
    I always have Columbus Day off so I make my long weekend plans months in advance...and it usually involves a campground stay before they all close for winter. Sounds like a great time....have fun.
    Maybe next year......

Looks like a few of you will be in VT....The foliage is pretty here but the colors aren't very brilliant...yet. The last few years we have not had the reds but Columbus weekend maybe it will liven up a bit. We didn't have enough rain early on and the colors just seem dry and not very crisp. But fall in VT is still very pretty and I hope you all enjoy it. Some of the apple orchards are starting to open now. If any of you are in Stowe area, make sure you stop at the Cider Mill (not far from Ben & Jerrys). They make the best doughnuts and their cider is being made right on the spot.
    We are going to be at Smugglers Notch in a time share for that whole week. We have many day trip planned to include Barre as well as going to Lake Placid in NY. Maybe even to Montreal for a day. Not sure yet.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    . . . make sure you stop at the Cider Mill (not far from Ben & Jerrys). They make the best doughnuts and their cider is being made right on the spot.

Pasteurized or unpasteurized? I only drink the unpasteurized -- the pasteurized stuff tastes like watered down apple juice in my own opinion.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

oh- my subie made it to Omaha no problemo- not sure about little omaha- But of course I will try and if I get stuck in the middle of the road- well you will find me....
    there was snow in the ice caves in august- and a snowball fight was had!

oh- my subie made it to Omaha no problemo- not sure about little omaha- But of course I will try and if I get stuck in the middle of the road- well you will find me....
    there was snow in the ice caves in august- and a snowball fight was had!

This time of year it's dry enough you don't have to worry, unless we get a lot of rain next week. (went in one time and had water up to the doors...) other than that, keep an eye out for rocks that are hungry for oilpans (you can see dark spots in the road where a few rocks have claimed victims) just take it easy and ya shouldn't have a problem (brad's old Vue made it in ok)