vb:literal>

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Camping at Wheelbarrow Pitch

Hey Rick,

If my plans go well I should be able to be in waterville by 930 am.
    It would be nice to caravan up but not neccessary, as I do know where to go.
    Are you bringing any boats?
    Looks like I will have a subaru caravan coming up from Mass.

Hey folks - there's a new Earthcache in Sherman and..........another on the Golden Road. That one might be fun to get as a group - with a group photo. Just an FYI - wished I could join you. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    WBP is a fairly large campsite. Actually it is two camp sites. I would say it is about the size as the grassy area of my back yard and maybe a little smaller.

I have Friday off also and I am just waiting to hear from everyone else. Maybe we could all meet at Walmart in Waterville or something like that.

I don't know where everyone had to bushwack. Here are the directions I got from North Woods Explorer who owns the cache.

I thought you had this week off and were going up the whole week?
    I just worked a nice 22hr day yesterday, so if all goes well I'll hopefully be able to take most of friday off.

those are the directions that we followed, The kathadin erratic earthcache is on the way if you go from there.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    Hey Rick,

If my plans go well I should be able to be in waterville by 930 am.
    It would be nice to caravan up but not neccessary, as I do know where to go.
    Are you bringing any boats?
    Looks like I will have a subaru caravan coming up from Mass.
    No we are not bringing any boats this time. We will be leaving Friday as well. I guess it all depends on when Hiram is able to go. I will have to talk to the wife. We have Friday off so we can leave any time.

Waiting for Hiram to give a time. We could head up with you but we were thinking around noon time or something like that. We could go sooner though. It depends on Hiram.
    Blazing Troll

very cool beans Rick,

I think we will bring a few boats just in case we want to paddle a bit. I am hoping to get into debsconeag by noonish...which will give us that day to play and explore too.
    one of my friends already cancelled- but I did get latnlongLiisa to join us.
    So im pretty sure there is 4 of us.

Any plans on a pot luck dinner fri or sat- or both?

The food is something we may want to discuss.
    Donna said she was going to make a stew for everyone.
    I am also sure she will bring some brownies as she usually does.
    I have tons of hamburgers left over from my hiker feed I put on last month. So I can bring burgers. i just need to know how many to bring.
    The same goes for sodas. I have a bunch of soda left over in cans from my hiker feed.

Here are some ideas.
    Jiffy Pop popcorn
    others can add to this list.
    Blazing Troll

. . ..
    I have tons of hamburgers left over from my hiker feed I put on last month. So I can bring burgers. . .
    And they're guaranteed to be e. coli free, right?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I have tons of hamburgers left over from my hiker feed I put on last month.
    i don't know if anyone mentioned it and i just missed it, but that was a really interesting article about you and the hikers in the weekend bangor daily news a few weeks back. i enjoyed reading about the feast!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

I will bring rolls to go with Donna's stew, and hamburger rolls, and the condiments. I will pick up the popcorn too.
    I will also talk to the girls and we will plan to bring some breakfast things- bagels, fruit .....and whatever they can think of.
    So far is the count at..8?
    Are you guys planning to cache on friday when we get there? I know we will saturday, and Im getting prepared, But I guess if we plan to cache most of the time and enjoy hanging around the campfire a bit then maybe I should leave the boats home.....I am still on the fence about the boats, I hate to be near water and want them and not have them.

I am looking forward to playing in Maine this weekend!

if donna is doin stew on friday, i can do a baked pasta on sat night, sat morn i can also do spud, sausage, and egg concoction... (brad & tom both liked it, so it must be good. ) I also always have popcorn on hand (it rarely gets used though cuz were usually stuffed after dinner...)

we probably won't cache on the way up, our main goal for friday is to get up there as early as possible to stake our claim on the site and ki... uhh shoo away anyone that may be trying to take the site before us. (if wheelbarrow pitch is take we can always use the 8 holer site as a secondary plan)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.