Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 87

Thread: Camping at Wheelbarrow Pitch

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    we probably won't cache on the way up, our main goal for friday is to get up there as early as possible to stake our claim on the site and ki... uhh shoo away anyone that may be trying to take the site before us. (if wheelbarrow pitch is take we can always use the 8 holer site as a secondary plan)[/quote]

    I dont like caching along the way when I am going that far- it takes up too much time. What I really meant was after we set up at wbp - would anyone be caching then? After that ride up- I will have no problem staying around the site and catching up with everyone

    so I am testing this "quote thingy"
    lets see if I did it

    what time are you planning to leave waterville Aaron?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    nope- my quote did not look like all of yours....

    I am not a computer geek- can you tell???

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    we probably won't cache on the way up, our main goal for friday is to get up there as early as possible to stake our claim on the site and ki... uhh shoo away anyone that may be trying to take the site before us. (if wheelbarrow pitch is take we can always use the 8 holer site as a secondary plan)
    I dont like caching along the way when I am going that far- it takes up too much time. What I really meant was after we set up at wbp - would anyone be caching then? After that ride up- I will have no problem staying around the site and catching up with everyone

    so I am testing this "quote thingy"
    lets see if I did it

    what time are you planning to leave waterville Aaron?

    Nope, ya screwed up the quote... all ya gotta do is click the quote button.

    It depends what time stef gets home from work on Friday, I'm gunna try to have all my hours in by tomorrow so I can have more time to gear up. And then I gotta clean all the camp cookin stuff (I packed it up dirty telling myself I'll clean it when I get home... I still have yet to open the mess box...) and I have high hopes for trying to get to the laundromat to wash the sleeping gear (the long summer has taken it's toll...) But a more general answer to your question is that we'll probably be leaving somewhere between 12pm and 5pm. We probably won't hit any caches friday night but are all for goin on saturday.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Nope, ya screwed up the quote... all ya gotta do is click the quote button.

    It depends what time stef gets home from work on Friday, I'm gunna try to have all my hours in by tomorrow so I can have more time to gear up. I still gotta dig out the shotgun, (we must've seen about a dozen partridge last week up there). And then I gotta clean all the camp cookin stuff (I packed it up dirty telling myself I'll clean it when I get home... I still have yet to open the mess box...) and I have high hopes for trying to get to the laundromat to wash the sleeping gear (the long summer has taken it's toll...) But a more general answer to your question is that we'll probably be leaving somewhere between 12pm and 5pm. We probably won't hit any caches friday night but are all for goin on saturday.

    ok- all i did was hit the quote button....one more try....

    sounds like you have your hands full fri morn-good luck!

    I plan on leaving Gloucester by 6 am - if all the girls are ready on the way- and all goes well we should get to the site noon-1ish...- so hopefully we will get the site you want. Will I know the site when I get to it?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    WOW IT WORKED!!!

    thanks Hiram!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    ok- all i did was hit the quote button....one more try....

    sounds like you have your hands full fri morn-good luck!

    I plan on leaving Gloucester by 6 am - if all the girls are ready on the way- and all goes well we should get to the site noon-1ish...- so hopefully we will get the site you want. Will I know the site when I get to it?


    I drew a map to make it easier, as you can tell it's a bit more detailed than the delorme, and the scale is a bit more acurate.



    hopefully that gives you a better idea of where the site is at, ya cant miss it, there are signs posted at the sites too.


    also, you could put in the coords for my "B.V. @ L.O." cache, and that will take you right past wheelbarrow pitch. GCY1RF
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fairfield, Maine
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    How'd you get that to export? My Etch-A-Sketch doesn't have a USB port--Bluetooth, perhaps?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I drew a map to make it easier, as you can tell it's a bit more detailed than the delorme, and the scale is a bit more acurate.



    hopefully that gives you a better idea of where the site is at, ya cant miss it, there are signs posted at the sites too.


    also, you could put in the coords for my "B.V. @ L.O." cache, and that will take you right past wheelbarrow pitch. GCY1RF


    You are way too Funny!!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    How'd you get that to export? My Etch-A-Sketch doesn't have a USB port--Bluetooth, perhaps?

    I put my etchasketch on the scanner...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    i don't know if anyone mentioned it and i just missed it, but that was a really interesting article about you and the hikers in the weekend bangor daily news a few weeks back. i enjoyed reading about the feast!
    I got a few private emails saying they saw the article. We had a great time. I can not wait until next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    I will bring rolls to go with Donna's stew, and hamburger rolls, and the condiments. I will pick up the popcorn too.
    I will also talk to the girls and we will plan to bring some breakfast things- bagels, fruit .....and whatever they can think of.
    So far is the count at..8?
    Are you guys planning to cache on friday when we get there? I know we will saturday, and Im getting prepared, But I guess if we plan to cache most of the time and enjoy hanging around the campfire a bit then maybe I should leave the boats home.....I am still on the fence about the boats, I hate to be near water and want them and not have them.

    I am looking forward to playing in Maine this weekend!
    Don't get any hamburger buns because we still have a lot left over along with the condiments that go with them.

    Is that count of 8 in your group or all of us. Donna will not be making a stew big enough for 8 people so Hiram will have to make his pasta to go with it. There will be three in our crew it look like. Donna, me and our son.

    I don't know if we will be caching Friday or not. I think it all depends on what time we leave here and arrive. The first thing we need to do is set up camp and establish our turf so no one else comes in an d tries to take it. Someone needs to get there hopefully before anyone else does. I will call Hiram tonight and see what time he plans on leaving. I have been hinting around about it here but he must not have caught on yet.

    We also have pancake mix and surup for breakfast. It sounds like we will have plenty.

    Oh Hiram I got one can of beans for the midnight snack. I forgot there were going to be there for two night. You might want to bring a can or to more of beans.
    Blazing Troll

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •