Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: Camping at Wheelbarrow Pitch

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Cool Rick- thanks for the heads up on the buns....
    I am bringing 3 girls with me- so just 4 in my group.
    I know these girls will also pack too much food- im sure noone will go hungry.
    Now that I have the etchasketch map- I can throw my delorme away -

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    I'd like to go too, but I won't know for sure until Friday.


    It's GONE!!

    Ooops, the game is on and I got distracted.

    Anyway, if I do make it, I'll be comming by mountain bike. Hope to see y'all there.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Man, I don't know what type of scribble that was that Hiram was drawing. I figured I would help you out a little and attach a map to help you find Wheelbarrow Pitch. The directions I posted the first time were wrong here are the correct ones with the map.

    The entrance to the road off Golden road is at N 45* 46.618 W 068* 53.479

    At N 45*46.160 W 068* 56.022 TURN RIGHT. Do not go straight as it will going straight will take you to Omaha Beach.

    You will pass boat launch on your left.

    After the boat launch there will be a left turn into Wheelbarrow Pitch and there should be a sign there saying that. The coordinates to Wheelbarrow Pitch are N 45* 46.619 W 068* 56.944

    Blazing Troll

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Who ever gets there first try to save both camping spots there are two at that location. If you can not save them both it will be fine because we should all fit into one but two would be better.

    TAT, I hope you can make it. What time do you think you will be peddling in if you come?
    Blazing Troll

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    where'd ya dig up that map??? www,afirstgraderdrewthismap.com??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Who ever gets there first try to save both camping spots there are two at that location. If you can not save them both it will be fine because we should all fit into one but two would be better.

    TAT, I hope you can make it. What time do you think you will be peddling in if you come?

    and try to setup at the site near the entrance so that way you can block any attempts at stragglers tryin to get in too.

    (it's a rectangular site, and the entrance is at a far corner, so it should be fairly easy to take over)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and try to setup at the site near the entrance so that way you can block any attempts at stragglers tryin to get in too.

    (it's a rectangular site, and the entrance is at a far corner, so it should be fairly easy to take over)

    That is a good plan, I can do that if we get there before you guys. What time is everyone plannng to get up there?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    That is a good plan, I can do that if we get there before you guys. What time is everyone plannng to get up there?
    I have no fear, Carol, in your ability to secure the site! This should be a hoot of a weekend for you all. Enjoy!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    That is a good plan, I can do that if we get there before you guys. What time is everyone plannng to get up there?
    planning is an overrated state of mind for those that worry too much...
    we'll arrive around friday between 5pm and 10pm. ( I call dibs on the spot in the back corner opposite of the entrance!!!! ha! beat ya rick!)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    gloucester, ma
    Posts
    83

    Default

    So hold on- Will I from Mass make it there before you guys?

    I will save you your site and us girls will take the other site, I will keep all the intruders out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •