vb:literal>

Thread: Online Radio

Default Online Radio

I love radio - I have vivid memories of listening to what my parents were playing pre-tv - and I love old radio shows today. RULOST2? and I have a BIG stack of MP3 CD's of old radio shows which we love to listen to when we're traveling or camping

But I stumbled across a GREAT internet resource lately which I want to tell everyone about. It not only has old radio shows, but "oldies" music (the stuff you NEVER hearon "oldies stations), modern stuff, classical music, talk radio, etc. Almost like XM Radio or Sirious for the internet. (Yeah - I know Sirius has internet service, but...) This is REAL radio - not canned like Sirius or XM.

Take a look at Radio 365: http://www.live365.com/index.live

I really like it.

(Note to Haffy: We were NOT paid to post this message!)

Default Another streaming Internet resource...

I love online music! Personally I use SHOUTcast, a free service provided by the makers of WinAmp. They currently list over 8,000 stations. I listen to it all day at work, and also have it set up here at home so I can play the music out through our stereo system. The range of genres is fantastic, and you get to hear from quality artists that don't have the corporate backing to get radio play. I've discovered a number of great bands that I never would have heard of on regular radio.

This must be pretty similar. I wet through the "talk radio" listing and found over 900.

I was thinking of getting XM Radio online until I found this. Glad I waited!

I like the "radio" feature in iTunes. They have a couple hundred stations for free and it's easy to use. But I do love my Sirius radio when driving to caches