vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Shipped a Lobster Trap?

Question Has Anyone Shipped a Lobster Trap?

My wife and I have been considering a fall visit to Maine and would like to bring home an older style wooden lobster trap to use as a base for a coffee table. We thought of flying up and getting a one-way car rental so we could drive home - but the rental cost is in the $600 range And we'd rather not drive our vehicle both ways.

All of which leads to the question above - can anyone give us any information on how we might ship a lobster trap from Maine to South Carolina?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Brad

hmm, TB Tag????

My thought would Be UPS but U am not sure how to pack it. I wonder if any of the antique dealers ship?

Smile

I did a quick search of "wooden lobster traps" and found a few places that sell them and ship them.
    I would guess that they use FEDEX or UPS so I would think that you could get a box that was big enough from say UHAUL and take it to the local UPS store.

OR

Get a Travel Bug tag. Attach it to the trap and have it's objective be a cache near your home .

I guess while I was typing ROBT beat me to it.

A house is not a home without a cat.

d’76 Guest

HEHE

My Uncle was Lobster man for as long as I can remember. I always got a kick out of him selling the old useless ones after they had served their duty. He use to tell me he got years out of them as lobster traps and could turn around and sell them for twice as much as tourist traps.

We've decided to choose our shipment option once we get there. The travel bug idea looks good, but there are already two TBs headed my way that have not arrived yet!

Thanks for the replies.

-Brad

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun View Post
    We've decided to choose our shipment option once we get there. The travel bug idea looks good, but there are already two TBs headed my way that have not arrived yet!

Thanks for the replies.

-Brad
    What part of Maine are you looking to visit? Maybe we could do some research for you and find some stores in the area that deal in such things??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

If you know the size of the trap you could check with the airline and see if they'd take it as extra baggage, but that will probably be $200 or more.

You can also ship fairly large packages by mail.

What about one of the places that sell them and ship them, like http://www.downeastnauticalsalvage.com/traps.htm? Might save a lot of hassle.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun View Post
    My wife and I have been considering a fall visit to Maine
    Let us know when you will be here and we will be sure to have an event planned...we need to keep that streak of meeting at events going!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Let us know when you will be here and we will be sure to have an event planned...we need to keep that streak of meeting at events going!
    The problem with there being so many events is that we feel bad that we miss so many!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Becket should speak up on this! Undoubtedly people in her area get questions like this often. She probably knows of a source where one could get a deal on a trap. Hello? Beck - you there?

Or, sheesh! How about Starzz? The Canadian lobster season starts pretty soon, doesn't it?