vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freaky things in Vermont

As long as nothing hangs out!

Thumbs down UPDATE.......Dateline Waterbury,VT

OK so I got an email back from the cache owner. Says it's been like that for awhile. Says "Yeah the stone you need is fine". So what the heck, I hate DNF's so back I go. Well! Kathie and Mike decide not to go in again. I go alone. No problem, cloudy, light drizzle falling. I search and search and search for the grave of Mr Basset. No luck, again. So I go and peer down into the open grave and try to read the stone in the bottom. I say,"What the hell, what's the worse that could happen". I get a stout stick, and climb into the hole. All six feet deep of a hole. I now have to bend down to brush away the dirt and leaves covering the wording. I get his death date, 1853. I scamper back out. Look at my PDA and see I needed his age in years, months, and days! OK, so back into the ground I go. Did I mention it was rainy and dark. So now I see he was 93 years, and 25 days. I can't read the months because that side is stuck in the dirt. I try to brush it away with my foot. No luck. Now I get this weird thought. What if this caves in! Oh great, I get a used grave. So I climb back out and see where someone had burned a candle on the next stone over. All set and I'm outta there. DNF's aren't so bad after all.
    Happy Trails!

lol, a used grave... well, at least it would be broken in!

i don't get the thing with the candle though? did i miss somethin?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default OK Let's have a show of hands

Did anyone else not know what that meant? I really didn't want to post that, not that I'm into it myself. It's just another level of twisted. Hiram, I'll PM you.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Did anyone else not know what that meant? I really didn't want to post that, not that I'm into it myself. It's just another level of twisted. Hiram, I'll PM you.
    Color me confused as well . . . I guess Hiram and I must be pretty naive or something.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

over my head too
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

some form of ritual most likely
    ~ Beach Comber ~

So I figure there's a college near by, did they leave the blanket and the bottle too? Ha, sickos Wow this conversation sounds familiar
    Slowly but surely

Well I wish someone would clue me in to what may have been happening -- send me a PM or something. I know curiosity killed the cat . . . but then again I'm no cat so I'm a mite curious.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

OK. HI my name is Travis. Im new to GC and to Maine and to this forum.
    I know that im bringing up a old thread but this sounds like a great adventure and not knowing the results is killing me.
    Will you PM me the cache so I can go see this for myself? Can you also PM me the meaning of the burnt candle on the grave?
    I have a Jeep wrangler so there is room for 1 more if anyone is up for a trip. (back seat is gone).