vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freaky things in Vermont

Question Freaky things in Vermont

OK, So I have an interesting story for you all. We, as many of you know, are in Vermont for the week. We went to do an interesting cache today. You were to go to a walk in only cemetery and read numbers from 2 stones to get coords for the final. When I walked into the clearing I see a fresh dug hole. Now keep in mind that there is no possible way for any equipment to get there. The hole is not long enough to be a grave, BUT it is wide enough as well as deep enough. And it was definitely fresh dug. Now the strange part. One of the stones that we went to find was broken off and down in the freshly dug hole! We could only assume that it was the one since we didn't find it anywhere else. I tried to clean it off with a long stick, but had no luck, and I was NOT going down in there. I have to believe that someone was trying to rob a grave. As I said, this cemetery is a quarter mile bushwhack. Not a frequented place at all. I emailed the owner and suggested he contact the local authorities.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    OK, So I have an interesting story for you all. We, as many of you know, are in Vermont for the week. We went to do an interesting cache today. You were to go to a walk in only cemetery and read numbers from 2 stones to get coords for the final. When I walked into the clearing I see a fresh dug hole. Now keep in mind that there is no possible way for any equipment to get there. The hole is not long enough to be a grave, BUT it is wide enough as well as deep enough. And it was definitely fresh dug. Now the strange part. One of the stones that we went to find was broken off and down in the freshly dug hole! We could only assume that it was the one since we didn't find it anywhere else. I tried to clean it off with a long stick, but had no luck, and I was NOT going down in there. I have to believe that someone was trying to rob a grave. As I said, this cemetery is a quarter mile bushwhack. Not a frequented place at all. I emailed the owner and suggested he contact the local authorities.

what if it wasn't someone trying to get in... but someone trying to get out!?!?!?!?!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wow - that is really weird. Are you going to keep us posted on this near Halloween mystery?

I have a cemetery here in town that I was thinking about using but have hesitated to publish the coord to it. Maybe this reaffirms my feelings.

Heck - if the cemetery was old enough - the stuff decays and works to the top!

Default Trust me...

that wasn't the case with this one. It was very evident of recent digging. It has been showering here a little and this dirt around the hole was barely packed down.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    that wasn't the case with this one. It was very evident of recent digging. It has been showering here a little and this dirt around the hole was barely packed down.

so apparently the zombie took its time digging the hole and neatly stacking the dirt... and only after getting out of the hole it saw that the name on the gravestone was misspelled and so it smashed the stone knocking it into the hole!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Question Just an update

I guess that the hole isn't that new, but it is being investigated by the State Police for possible grave robbing. Still a strange thing to find. Off to NY and the Adirondacks and Lake Placid today. We are taking the ferries over and back across Lake Champlain. Should be fun.
    Happy Trails!

Oh my - well you folks enjoy vacation and have a super time!

Somebody put some new caches out in the Bangor area...we might have a chance for a FTF with M57 that far away!

And EMSDanel is leaving tomorrow!

And Sudonim got back today